Angel

Dante's POV

" It was wow!!!" Lin said and I rolled my eyes.

" Yeah, amazing." Daniel supported her.

I don't know what they are finding in the movie to be so amazing!!! I looked at both of my friends flatly while they were discussing about the movie.

" Why aren't you saying anything?" Lin asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" What should I say here on this point? I didn't even like the movie a bit." I said to them and they rolled their eyes.

" You are no fun, Dude." Lin said shaking her head helplessly. " You are not getting a girlfriend ever if you keep acting this boring all the time. Mark my words."

" Yeah, Marc will mark your words, Lin. Don't worry." Daniel said and I rolled my eyes.

" I don't need a girlfriend. I am fine being alone." I said to them.

" Are you a gay?" Lin asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" Funny!!!" I said coldly.

" It didn't work on me, best friend." Lin said completely ignoring my cold tone.

I sighed deeply. I got crazy friends. Well, Lin and I were classmates in college. We become close friends when we joined in University. We meet Daniel in an event of the University who was 2 years junior of us. We found our projects were quite similar. So, we decided to work together. Since then we 3 are very close friends. Luckily we are working together now as well. It's great until these two starts to irritate me together like they are doing right now.

" But you didn't tell us all these days that you are a gay, Marc!!! It hurt my heart!!!" Daniel said dramatically clutching his heart.

" Stop it." I hissed.

" Nah, Bro. I think there is something wrong with you." Lin said and I glared at her.

" Nothing is wrong with me. Where are you dragging the issue?" I asked her.

" Ok, we will believe you if you can prove that you are not a gay." Daniel said and looked around. " Umm... Go kiss that girl." Daniel said pointing a random girl and I rolled my eyes.

" I will never ever kiss a random girl." I said to him and he smirked.

" See, it indicates that Lin was right. You are a gay." He said and I glared at him hard.

" I just can't go and kiss some random girl like that. It's so weird." I said to him.

" It's not weird. It's like you don't feel things that you should. You are not normal." Daniel said and I sighed deeply.

I wasn't calling both of them crazy for no reason. There were definitely some reason.

" Alright." I said. " I am not normal. I accept that." I said and they tried to tease me later but I didn't give them any chance.

We had our dinner together and then roam around the city. Paris is called the City of Love. It was really so beautiful. Eversince I have moved here I always feel like this city has welcomed me warmly. I got attached with it, I got my lost happiness, I got friends who are more than my family. That family word always squeezes my heart. I have never ever got a family to be called mine for real. I had to struggle and compromise.

We roamed around for awhile. It was the last day of the year. Thirty first night to be exact. People were all over around enjoying the last hours of this year. To say goodbye to the pains and losing of the year back and to welcome the new year. Night was still young and people were still there having a great time together. The beautiful events were arranged.

We roamed around for awhile. Then Lin and Daniel went back home. I was walking around alone watching people spending good time with their family and friends. I sighed deeply. This was making me sad weirdly. I sat on the roadside bench watching people having fun. Every time this day of year makes me so upset as it is the cursed day of my life. 10 years back on the same day my sister committed suicide. I closed my eyes. I still can remember the day. I didn't think she would take this step. But it got messed.

I stood up and walked away from there. I reached the church and went inside. I smiled seeing the person I searching for. He smiled at me back.

" Marc!!" He walked towards me. " I was waiting for you." Father Nicolai said.

" I was roaming around with my friends. You know new year event people are excited." I said to him and he smiled.

" Then you should enjoy as well." He said and I sighed.

I come here often so Father knows me very well. He is really a great person. Most of the time I come here to seek his advices. He has an amazing point of view about life.

" I thought to spend some time with God rather than roaming around alone." I said to him.

" Is there something which is bothering you?" He asked me and I chuckled.

" You know that it's my sister's dead anniversary today." I said and he sighed softly crossing his heart.

" May God bless her with entire peace and grant her great rewards." He said.

I walked down the aisle and light up a candle before joining my hands and kneeling down in front of the supreme power. I closed my eyes and her face flashed in front of me. My sister Serena. She was 7 years older than me. If she was alive today she would be 32 at this present day. I sighed deeply.

God forgive her sins and give her the peace she wanted. I crossed my heart and stood up.

" God listens to the prayers of pure hearts." Father Nicolai said and I smiled.

" Do you think God will listen to my prayers?" I asked him.

" Why not, my boy? God listens to everyone of us. But it's not always easy to grant your wishes. If your wishes doesn't come true that doesn't mean your prayers aren't listened. It means your prayers are meant to be answered I some other way." He said. "Never lose hope. Don't hate yourself if your prayers are not answered because the Almighty loves you. Not just you HE loves all of us. We just have to feel that." He said and I smiled.

" When will I get the peace of mind and soul?" I asked him.

" If God wishes then very soon." He said. " God can't come himself to solve your problem. This why he sends someone to do that for HIM." He said.

" You mean angel?" I asked him. He chuckled.

" Angel in disguise of human." He said.

" So I think I have to wait for my Angel." I said and he chuckled.

" Seems so." He said.