Lucky

Chiara's POV

I reached my desk and found everyone discussing about something. May be about the meeting. Who knows. Suddenly Daniel reached with a girl following her. She was definition of beauty. I kept looking at her for awhile until Daniel spoke up.

" Hey, guys." Daniel said.

" Hey, Daniel." I said to him.

" Discussing about the deal?" He asked them.

" Yeah, Lin said she is going to talk to boss in a while. We might have to start work from today so we were dividing the works in between. We need a clean and perfect presentation for this. Jonson's deal will be ours. By hook or crook." Paul said.

" Well, I also want the deal to be ours. But currently I want to introduce you all with someone." Daniel said and that new girl smiled at us.

" Hi." She said. " I am Tracy. Tracy Campbell." She said and tried to create a comfort zone.

" Hi." I said at first as I was very excited about this new colleague of mine. I don't know where did I meet her before. " Susan Madison." I said shaking her hand.

" Nice to meet you, Susan." She said to me.

" Same here." I said to her.

" Well. Let me introduce you with the others." Daniel said to her and she nodded.

" This is Tina, This is Robbie, this is Jonathan and this is Rose." He introduced the people standing left side of him. " And this is Simon, this is Victor, This is Melanie and there are Eva, Liz, Emily, Dean, Damien, Peter, Harvey, Tania, Lily, Camellia and Hugh." He said and she smiled. There are so many people here in this office. I was confused a bit first day here. "And you already have met Paul this morning." He said and she smiled at them.

" Yeah, I did." She said looking at Paul and he smiled at her. She smiled back. " By the way, nice to meet you all. I hope we will have a great time ahead working together." She said to them. No you are not going to have a great time working here with all these people. They are too selfish.

" Wish the same." I said. She nodded.

" So, let's go and start working." Emily said.

" We don't know what is this project about still now." Hugh said rolling his eyes.

" Oh, yes. We still didn't got the information." Jonathon said.

" But let Susan assume and start work." Peter said. I rolled my eyes. They have started again. They are mocking me from yesterday how boss thinks only I can handle things. So much more bogus. How can these people be this childish!!! God knows!!!

" Yeah, may be some day she wins employee of the year award." Liz said.

" Yeah, may be this year. For being so much addicted to works." Robbie said. I sighed. If it was back in Milan I would have broken their faces by now.

" Or may be you get promoted." Tania said. I sighed. Let them talk whatever they want. Who cares!!! I don't give damn. I don't have any idea why are they mocking me like that. What's their problem!!?

" What do you want as a reward, Susan? A luxurious car or mansion?" Eva asked her smirking. " Or you will ask for both? After all you have none of them." She said.

I rolled my eyes. I have both back there in Milan. And got them with my own hard works. These people will not understand living a comfortable life all their life. They don't know what struggling is. I know that. I have gone through that.

" You are talking like you have both? Then let me remind you, Eva. You two live in an apartment nearby and you too travel on public transports. How are you judging her then?!!" Paul said.

" Oh, come on, Paul. Don't spoil the mood so early." Melanie said.

" You are spoiling mood." Paul said.

" Enough." Emily Dante's PA said. " Go back to your work. You guys are too much." She said and everyone went to work without saying anything more except for Dani, Paul, Emily and me.

" Stupid people." Paul said.

" Hey, guys." I heard a familiar voice and turned. I saw Lin standing there.

" Hey, Lin." Tracy said to her. Ohshe knows her?!!

" Hi, Tracy." She said to her and she smiled.

" After a long time." Tracy said to her.

" Yes. I think so. I had no idea that you coming here." Lin said.

" Even I had no idea either." Tracy said and sighed.

" Suddenly you came here?" Lin asked me.

" Long story." Tracy said and she chuckled.

" Well, though I so wanted to listen to your long story but I have to go to talk to boss. Otherwise we are stuck here." She said to her. I think she is Daniel's friend.

" Yeah, go. We might talk later about it." Tracy said to Lin.

" Sure." Lin said and walked away.

" I should go as well." Emily said and Paul followed her walking away with her.

Everyone walked to their place except for Daniel and I.

" It's ok, Susan. Don't take it to mind. Everything will be alright." Daniel said and I nodded smilingly.

" What will I do now?" Tracy asked Daniel.

" We all are waiting for the instructions from boss. We will start work at once he cleared the things about the project. This why Lin went to talk to him." Daniel said and she nodded. She sat with Emily and was talking to her. I was talking to Daniel about the meeting.

" Tracy." I heard Lin calling her and looked at them.

" Yes?" She said standing up.

" Boss want to see you. It's urgent." She said and I looked at her weirdly. " Go." She said to her .

Tracy left with Lin and I looked at Daniel.

" Is she your friend, Dani?" I asked Daniel.

" How do you know?" He asked me. I chuckled.

" Just because you both are too close." I said to him.

" In that case I am your friend too, Suzie. She is my highschool friend." He said and I nodded chuckling.

" I like that pet name." I said to him and he chuckled.

" What I wanted to tell you in the morning is it's Kylie's birthday this weekend. You have to come. Bring your friend Bianca with you as well. She will be very happy." He said and I nodded.

" Your fiance is a very beautiful woman inside and out. You are so lucky." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Yeah, I will agree with that. I am a one lucky guy." He said and I chuckled.