No Root

Dante's POV

" What do you think you are doing?" I asked Chiara who was drawing lazy lines on the drawing sheet looking out of the window thinking about God knows what!!!

When she does this type of things it made me to get into her mind and erase everything from there so that she only knows about me nothing else. I sighed deeply. This girl is making me crazy day by day. I swear I am feeling awkward with that.

" What am I doing?!! I am not doing anything." She said. " I was thinking about that hotel interior. How should it be." She said.

Actually, it was a public holiday so I thought why to waste time. I wanted t o complete our task. Besides, it was bothering me a lot thinking about not seeing her a whole day. I was going crazy. I was alive when I didn't meet her but now it seems hard for me not to see her for a long time. God helps me.

" Yeah, I can see you imagination on the drawing sheet." I said to her gesturing her drawing sheet. She looked at it and rolled her eyes.

" This is not at all my imagination. This is just..." She stopped.

" Just what??!" I asked her.

" Just nothing." She said to me and I chuckled.

" If you want me to help you then the thing you have to do is to ask for it." I said to her. I know she will never ever ask for it. Never ever.

" No need indeed. That's for asking though." She said to me and I chuckled. I sat next to her checking my phone and she rolled her eyes.

" Mrs. Williams, my coffee." I said to the chef. " Do you want one?" I asked Chiara.

" Only if she can make me a mind blowing cappuccino." She said and I chuckled.

" You are already so sweet. You don't need anymore sweetness in you. Try black one." I said to her.

" No thanks. You enjoy it." She said to me. I chuckled.

" Mrs. Williams, a cappuccino for the little kid." I said and she glared at me.

" I am not a kid. I am 22." She said and I chuckled.

" A cappuccino for 22 years old kid." I said to Mrs. Williams.

" 22 years old girl not kid." She said.

" Oh, yes. 22 years old little tiny girl." I said. She gritted but didn't say anything. " 22 years old Lilliput?" I asked her.

" Don't drag my height here!!!" She said.

" When did I drag your height here?" I asked her.

" You said that I am Lilliput. What does that mean?" She asked me and I chuckled.

" That means that you are very cute little girl." I said to her.

" Does that means cute? Why do I feel it's all about my height?" She asked me.

" Girls should have short height." I said.

" Why is so?" She asked me narrowing her eyes.

" I will tell you one day but not now." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" You are too secretive sometimes." She said.

" I am always secretive." I said.

" Sir, has Ms. Well mannered met you again?" She asked me.

" No. Why?" I asked her.

" Sir, I forgot to tell her one thing." She said. I narrowed my eyes.

" What?" I asked her.

" I forgot to ask her the name of the institute." She said.

" Which institute?" I asked her confusedly.

" Sir, the one where she has learnt all her manners. If you meet her again then please ask her behalf of me." She said and I chuckled inwardly.

" Do your works. You talk too much." I said.

" You called me talkative?" She asked me.

" You are talkative." I said to her. She rolled her eyes.

" I will not talk to you anymore." She said gesturing her mouth to be zipped up.

" Thanks God." I said and she rolled her eyes.

She started to make her sketch and I kept stealing glances at her in between my work. She time to time kept changing her expressions. Kid!!! She kept making faces and laughed her own when I looked at her she kept twisting her lips and doing her drawing silently.

" Sir!!" She called me suddenly.

" Yes." I said.

" Sir, can I ask you something?" She asked me.

" What is it that Ms. Madison want to ask me?" I asked her.

" Actually Sir, umm... I .. I don't know if it is right to ask you." She said to me.

" What is it?" I asked her.

" Sir, you live alone here?" She asked me. I kept looking at her. Why she was asking that?! " I mean I have come for almost 4 hours now but I haven't seen anyone but Mrs. Williams. Doesn't your family live here?" She asked me. She must be uncomfortable with my gaze." Sorry, Sir. It was too much personal question. I am sorry for asking that." She said and started to make her sketch again. I sighed.

" I don't have a family. I am alone in this world. This why there is no one here." I said to her and she looked at me at once. I kept checking my phone. " My parents and sister died long back so there is no one to call my family." I said to her.

" But your uncle, aunt, cousins, grandparents?" She asked me. I gritted inwardly. 

" They are also dead." I said to her. She sighed deeply.

" If you have any of them alive then you should be with them. No one can live alone like that. Don't you feel lonely?" She asked me.

" I have my friends." I said to her.

" When time will come they will be busy with their own family what will you do?" She asked me.

" I will also have a family of my own." I said to her.

" No one should forget their root. That's the point. Your family is your root." She said and I looked at her flatly.

" I don't have one. If I had they would be living with me. I have no root." I said to her and she sighed deeply.