Ring

Chiara's POV

" Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" Ava was the first one to react when she saw me there on the doorstep. She ran to me and jumped on me at once. I laughed and hugged her securely. She kissed on my cheeks and then hugged me again. " Happy birthday." She said to me and I smiled.

" Thank you so much, little one." I said to her. She landed on the ground. She was hanging on me like a monkey all the time. I chuckled.

" Where are others?" I asked her.

" Chelsea and Arthur have gone to bring the birthday cake. Aunty is preparing the lunch. Grandma has gone to her friend's house to meet her as she is sick and if you ask me about Amy then I will tell you that I don't know. She doesn't stay at home from long." She said and I sighed deeply.

" Ok, ok. No worries." I said to her.

"  Come in." She dragged me with her.

" Wait. There is a guest." I said to her and she nodded. " Pauline!!" I called her. Selfie Queen. She was taking selfies. I sighed deeply.

" Who is this girl?" Ava asked me whispering in my ear.

" She is Pauline." I said to her.

" Hi, I am Ava Cantor." She said extending her hand toward Pauline.

" I am Pauline Holden. Nice to meet you." She said shaking her hand.

" Come. Let's go inside." She said and I went inside with them.

Ava was excited as always. It doesn't matter whose birthday it is she is always excited about birthdays. She keeps whining for the cake all the days when it arrives she whines to taste it first. She is still a kid. No wonder.

I went inside the kitchen and found Mom was preparing the lunch. I smiled.

" What's going on?" I asked her and she turned to see me. She found me and hugged me tightly at once. I hugged her back.

" You are at home?" She asked me and I smiled.

" Yes, Mom." I said. " How are you?" I asked her. She chuckled.

" I am fine." She said to me.

" Chelsea and Arthur has gone to bring the cake?" I asked her.

" And gifts as well." She said to me. I nodded.

" You go get freshen up." She said to me.

" There is a guest." I said to her and she looked at Pauline. " She is Marie's niece." I said to Mom.

" Oh, hello, dear. I am Catherine Zesper. Chiara's mom." Mom said.

" Pauline Holden. Nice to meet you, ma'am." She said to no smilingly.

" Same here. Go. You guys get freshen up. They must be coming." She said and I nodded.

I walked upstairs and showed Pauline the guest room. I went to take a long soothing shower. When I came back I found 100+ calls and texts from Dante. I gritted. I am not going to pick his call up neither I am going to answer his texts. I am irritated with him after what he did last night. I blocked his number and came downstairs. I found Mom still in the kitchen. I couldn't wait to meet Mr. and Mrs. Travisan.

" Mom, I am going to Travisan's house." I said to Mom.

" They are coming here in awhile." She said but I couldn't wait. I walked towards the exit.

" I will come back with them. Take care of Pauline until then." I said coming out of the house.

I grabbed my car's key. I was super duper excited to drive my car after long back. I ran to the parking and hugged my baby at once. I mean my car. I love it like my boyfriend. I mean it is my first boyfriend. I bought it with the money that I received for the excellent academic performance. I wanted to save this for my siblings but my mom, Chelsea even Mr. & Mrs. Travisan kept forcing me to fulfill my wishes with that money. So, I bought this car. It was my dream to buy one one day. I kissed on it.

" Hey!!! How are you, Baby? I missed you like hell there in Paris. You know I am hell doomed there. Are you angry with me for leaving you here?" I asked my car. I know I am bit crazy but can't help it.

I get in the car and drove out of the house. I found my grandma and Amy coming back home. I stopped the car and talked to them. I was shocked seeing Amy there. When did she come back?!! But I didn't ask her. I don't want to cry a scene in the middle of the crowded road. I told them to go back home I will be there in awhile. I drove toward Travisan's house. When I reached there I parked the car and ran inside. I asked Martha the housekeeper where Mr. And Mrs. Travisan were. She told me that they were in the study. I ran to the study and found them talking about something.

" I am back!!!" I announced. They looked at me and laughed cause I was half hanging with the door.

" Come here." Mrs. Travisan said. I ran to her and gave her a hug then Mr. Travisan.

" I missed you so much." I said.

" We didn't miss you." Mr. Travisan said rolling his eyes. I chuckled.

" Did Chelsea reminded you both about your medicines? I already set the reminders for you but just in case it you forget it I told her to call you for that." I said to them.

" She did." Mrs. Travisan said. " Leave it. When have you arrived here?" She asked me.

" Just 2 hours back." I said to them.

" You should be at home taking some rest." She said and I sighed.

" I couldn't wait to see you both. I missed you like hell." I said to her. They smiled at me. I literally love and respect these people with all my heart.

We talked for awhile and then they walked out of there to get ready to go to our place. I stood up and checked the books if they are arranged properly. Cause if one of them is not then Mr. Travisan will not be able to find it out ever. I checked it and smiled. Martha kept her promise to keep it arranged.

I was coming out of there but my eyes stuck on the picture of Dante's parents on the wall. I walked towards it and looked at it for awhile. They may rest in peace. I crossed my heart and open my eyes when something caught my eyes. I quickly removed my gloves and checked the ring that Dante gave me last night. He gave me his mother's ring?!!