Unwanted Guest

Chiara's POV

" It's gonna be fantastic when it is going to be staged." Mrs. Walden Jeremy's aunt said and I nodded.

" It's going to be a beautiful recreation." I said.

" Yeah." She said.

" Do you know Mrs. Wallington?" I asked her.

" Who?" She asked me.

" Carter's mom." I said to her and she kept looking at me weirdly for awhile.

" Why are you asking about her?" She asked me.

" No. Just like that." I said to her.

" Carter's mother died a few years back in a car crash." She said and my eyes opened widened.

Carter's mother died?!! Then who was that woman talking to me all the time before she reached here?!! I looked around to find the lady.

" What happened?" She asked me.

" Are you sure that Carter's mother has died?" I asked her and she looked at me weirdly.

" Yes but why are you asking about that?" She asked me.

" There was a lady here awhile back talk to me introducing herself as Carter's mother." I said to her.

" Oh, may be Carter's stepmom." She said and I took a sigh of relief. I was scared inside. How can I talk to a dead person?!

" Was it her?" Mrs. Walden pointed a lady coming inside with a cute little girl. No, it is not her.

" No. Who is she?" I asked her.

" She is Carter's stepmom." She said and I  looked at the lady weirdly. Then who was that lady I was talking to all the time?!

" Oh!! Ok, it may be some other Carter." I said to her but I was feeling awkward. That Lady was acting weird as well.

" Gemma!!" Mrs. Walden called the lady who was Carter's stepmom.

" Hey, Loren!!" She said as she came toward us and sat next to us. The little girl was very cute. I smiled at them.

" She is Chiara. Chiara this is Gemma." Mrs. Walden said and I nodded.

" Chiara Zesper. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Wallington." I said to her shaking her hand.

" Gemma Wallington. Nice to meet you too, Chiara." She said.

" What is your name baby?" I asked the little girl but she sticked her tongue out at me. I chuckled.

" Baby, it's not a good thing to do." Mrs. Wallington said and I chuckled.

" It's ok, ma'am." I said to her.

" Baby, tell your name to Chiara?" Mrs.  Wallington said to her daughter. She pouted.

" Caiey." She said with grumpy face.

" Her name's Cailey." Mrs. Wallington said.

" Can I hold her? Will she mind?" I asked her.

" No. She will not." She said and she gave her to me.

The little girl was pouting looking at me. She narrowed her eyes at me.

" Who ale you?" She asked me. I smiled.

" I am Chiara. And you?" I asked her.

" I am Caiey." She said. How cute!!!

" Nice to meet you, Cailey." I said to her.

" Me too, Caiya." She said and I chuckled hearing her pronunciation of my name. So, cute.

" You are so cute. If she wanna take you home. Will you come with me?" I asked her.

" You ale asso ... asso chuite." She said and I smiled.

She reminded me around Amy and Ava when they were little. They were so cute. Just like Cailey. They used to be with me all the day. When I used to do my homework they used to sit there next to me and demand for pen and paper. They used to draw lazy  lines on the papers in the name of helping me to do my homework. I sighed. Those days changed. They changed as well. Specially Amy. She changed completely. But Ava is still the little one. She keeps whining things but not expensive ones like Amy. She will ask for chocolate or a new dress sometime demand to take her to movie. That's it. She doesn't have much demand and high expectations from life. Mom says she is just like her mother. Our aunt who died while giving birth to her and her father was soldier who died before her birth. So, lives with us since she was born. This why she is pampered by all at home. So that she never feels like that's not her home.

" I wiiee go but wit Katel." She said. I chuckled. She is still struggling with some words. But it's ok.

" Cals!!" Carter ran to us and took her from me. She giggled at once hugging her tightly. " When have you come?" He asked her stepmother.

" Awhile back. She was whining to see you. Couldn't handle her anyhow." She said and he smiled.

" Is that true?" Carter asked his sister who nodded before burying her face on his neck before wrapping her arms around his neck. Awwwwwwwww. Cute siblings.

" I will be done in awhile. Will you stay with Mommy till then?" He asked her who shook her head. He chuckled. " Ok, let's go." He said and made her sit on his shoulder.

His friends cheered up at once they saw the little girl. Even Bianca ran to her and started to talk to her. Who won't?!! She is such a cute little girl. Anyone will love her.

" You have a beautiful little girl, Mrs. Wallington. God bless her." I said crossing my heart.

" Thank you so much." She said and I nodded.

We were watching the rehearsal. When Carter was saying his lines Cailey kept sticking her tongue at him. I chuckled. Little kid.

" I am done." Bianca said to me as she sat next to me.

" Tired?" I asked her.

" As hell." She said.

" Let's go home then." I said to her.

" Yeah. Let's go. I am hungry as well." She said.

" I know. I am hungry as well." I said to her.

" Why are you early today?" She asked me.

" Actually didn't have much to do today so I thought why not accompany you for awhile. I am not able to spare time for you that much." I said to her. I don't want to tell her what happened earlier.

" Oh. That's great. We will watch movies today." She said.

" Ok." I said.

Soon we reached home and Pauline opened the door.

" There is someone waiting for you since long." She said to me.

I swear if it's Dante I will bang his head somewhere. But as I entered the living room I got shocked. What is she doing here?!!