Hidden

Chiara's POV

" I don't think they will come." Bianca said to me.

" Why not?" I asked her.

" I don't know. I just am feeling like that." She said.

" They will. I called Carter. He said they are on the way." I said to her.

" God knows. I think they took everything as a joke. They will not help us. Mark my words." Bianca said.

" Not everyone are like you." We heard someone saying and turned to see Carter with Jeremy and a lady was following them.

" No, everyone is like you." Bianca said to him. I sighed. They started again.

" No. Not everyone like me as well." Carter said. " I am too kind. Not everyone is kind. Look at yourself." He said.

" Shut up before I break your face." Bianca said. He laughed. Bianca and Jeremy glared at each other. I sighed deeply.

" Have a seat place." I said to them. " I am Chiara Zesper. I called you earlier. You must be Jeremy." I said.

" Yeah, Jeremy Walden. Nice to meet you." He shook my hand. I smiled. "This is my aunt Loren Walden." He said and I shook her hand.

" Nice to meet you, ma'am." I said to her and she nodded smilingly.

" So, I was talking about your neighbor Tania Corden." I said to him.

" Yeah, my aunt is Mrs. Corden is my aunt's school friend. You can ask her. This why I brought her here with me." He said to me. I nodded.

" Ma'am, I think I should tell you what happened a few days back." I said to her. I explained them what happened. They looked at each other.

" I hope you guys understand what happened." I said to them. Loren looked at me weirdly.

" Really?! She did that?!" She asked me.

" Yeah. But I think there is some other story." I said to her.

" What do you want to know from me?" She asked me.

" I want to know about Tania. If she is acting weird these days or not. I mean if she has changed these days." I asked her.

" Tania was always the topper since school. I met her when we were in highschool. They shifted here. Her mother had some mental issue so her dad sent her to the mental asylum. Later he married again and her mother died in the mental asylum. She was grown up with her stepmother and step siblings. She struggled a lot with that." She said.

" Then?" I asked her.

" Her father had a bakery which was seized because he had a lot of debt. He asked help from his friends but no one wanted to help her. At last one of them wanted to help him but he wanted Tania to get married with his drug addicted son. She was only 17 when she got married. Since she was married she is being tortured by her husband. She never wanted to share that with anyone but sometimes used to tell me giving some hint like she is not happy. She want freedom as well." She said and I sighed deeply. Another face of struggle.

" Then?" I asked her.

" Her husband had bad influences. She tried a lot to bring him back to life but he didn't pay heed to her. She was married to a rich family but once her father in law died her husband spend all of the money they had. Their family was already struggling and then they had their kids as well. Once the situation was that bad that they were to beg in the street. Still her husband wanted money for his drugs. She found out a job. They were somehow doing better than before but her husband's friends came back and he started to torture her for money again. I tried to convince her several times to divorce him but she kept saying that her kids will grow up without a father that will effect them." She said.

" But I can't understand if that guy is busy with his drugs and those friends then how is he fulfilling his responsibilities as a father now?! Isn't it the same?! He is eventually not there for the kids. Means the kids are already growing up without their father." I said to her.

" She kept looking at saying that he will take her kids away. She is afraid of losing her kids." She said to me and I sighed deeply.

" She should file a case against him for domestic violence." Bianca said to her.

" She will not. She is not that brave." She said.

" She is very brave. She could do that thing in the office then she would be able to do anything." I said to her.

" I don't know. She doesn't want to divorce him." She said.

" Can you help me a bit?" I asked her.

" Yeah, sure." She said. " What is it?" She asked me.

" You will go to her place tomorrow and ask her why has she been fired. If she asks how do you know then tell her that you know some of members of the board." I said to her.

" Ok. I will do that." She said.

" Kindly please record it and send the clip to me." I said to her.

" Ok. Done." She said and I nodded.

" What are you trying to do, Chiara?" Bianca asked me.

" Trying to help her. She can't live like that. She deserves better. I want to know why she actually did it. There can be a big reason. Cause the job was her only mean to earn her livelihood. Suddenly why will she take such a risk?!! If she couldn't present anything that day her job would still be secured. She wouldn't be fired. May be she wouldn't be selected to work for that particular deal. But still she did it. She knew if she gets caught it will be hell for her still she took the risk. Not once but twice. That means she didn't care about her job anymore." I said to them.

" Why will not she care for her job anymore?! That doesn't make any sense." I said to them. " There is something we don't know about her. Something that is very important which she is hiding or is hidden." I said to them.