Fault

Chiara's POV

I parked the bike in the parking lot and quickly ran to the lift. I don't want to get killed right now. I pressed the 17th button and waited for the lift to reach the floor so that I can at least get into safe zone. As soon as the lift's door opened I ran out of it and ran to my workplace. I bet I was looking extremely panicked. People was looking at me weirdly. Who cares!!! I ran away saving my life. More like running a marathon. I was panting hard like I was dying. I quickly grabbed the water bottle and drank some. I looked around. Then took a deep breath to calm myself down. Dante wasn't here yet. I walked ahead looking back again and again. I was scared that was clearly showing on my face I knew it. It's not like I was that scared more like I was shocked. How would I know that he will show up there at the same time?! I didn't expect him there. This why I kinda lost my mind. I shouldn't have run away like that. But if I would be there he would've shouted at me in the middle of the road in public for doing that thing.

I saw Tracy was there already and I ran to her. I sat on my desk next to her more like trying to hide myself there so that no one can see me. I wish Dante forgets the incident before he reaches office. I looked at Tracy was was looking at me weirdly. She must be wondering didn't what am I doing.

" What happened?" She asked me.

" N..no.. nothing happened." I said and tried to smile but miserably failed. I was still trying to catch my breath. "Nothing happened, Tracy. Nothing." I said.

" Then what do you think you are doing?" She asked me. I covered myself with the scarf. I don't know who Dante is.

" Hiding." I said in short. I was hiding to save myself.

" What? From whom?" She asked me totally shocked.

" From my death today. I am dead. I also dead." I said banging my head on the desk. She sighed looking at me. I bet she is thinking I have gone mad.

I am a stupid. Who told me to do things without thinking about them before?!! Who told me to pull this stupid stunt!!! Who?!! Just who?!! I am extremely stupid with my stupid activities. I sighed deeply.

" What happened you crazy girl?" She asked me stopping me from banging my head on the desk.

" Is Mr. Allistone here already?" I asked her. She must have seen him I he is here.

" Marc?" She asked me and I nodded. I am still not used to this name Marc. I always been hearing his name is Dante. Marc sounds weird to me.

" I haven't seen him yet. I have just reached merely 10 minutes back." She said to me. Oh!!! He didn't come yet then.

" I am dead. I am dead. I am dead today." I said and kept banging my head on the desk.

" You are still alive. You are talking to me and I can see you are doing perfectly fine." She said to me and I stopped on my track then looked at her weirdly. Was she joking at me right now?!!

" May be I am fine right now but in a while my heartbeat will increase as hell and BP will go high and I will have a heart attack." I said to her but she shook her head helplessly like I am joking about something.

" Why is that?" She asked me.

" Cause I am dead. So dead." I said to her.

" Alright, stop. First catch up with your breath then talk to me and clarify why are you wishing to die so soon?" She asked me.

" I am not willing to die but someone is going to kill me." I said to her.

" Why? What have you done?" She asked me.

" I...uhhh...I did a stupid thing." I said.

" Let's hear and then decide it." She said to me and I sighed. I was still cursing myself for being so stupid.

" Well, I was having my breakfast in the restaurant this morning. Then it happened." I said.

" What happened?" She asked me.

" When I came out I found there is a big traffic occurred just because someone had parked her car in a wrong place. I went to that car and traffic police said he has requested the lady but she is not taking it seriously." I said.

" Then?" She asked.

" Then I personally requested the lady going back to the restaurant but she insulted me saying minding my own business. I don't know what came into me and I was very angry with this irresponsible lady and I did what came fast in my mind I took the drawing pins from my bag and put them near the tyres of the car. When I was coming back I saw Mr. Allistone standing a far giving me a killing look and I found out the lady was his friend and I damaged her car." I said clutching my head.

" Then?" She asked me.

" Then what!! Then I ran away saving my life." I said.

" Ran away to the office?!" She looked at me weirdly. " You literally ran away from the lion but take shelter in his territory only." She said sighing deeply. " But you have done a splendid thing. If I were there I would have done some more and damaged the car properly." She said and I nodded weakly.

" But my job? It's gone today. Gone for sure. Why am I so stupid?!!" I asked myself.

" It won't. You didn't do anything wrong and it's not even related with your office that Marc will fire you." She said and she was going to say something more but Dante's voice stopped her.

" Ms. Madison." I heard his voice and we both turned to him. " My cabin." He said glaring at me. I gulpef. " NOW" He walked towards his office.

I stood up and followed him. As soon as I reached there he gestured me to sat on the visiting chair. I was a stupid. But it wasn't my fault either.