In The Dark

Chiara's POV

" What's going on?" Daniel asked me.

" Nothing happened. What will happen?" I asked her.

" Why are you so lost today?" He asked me.

" Nothing happened. Just like that. Why do you think like that?" I asked him.

" I thought you are not doing well today. You went to see Marc. What happened then?" He asked me.

" Nothing happened. I went to fight with him but couldn't." I said to him.

" Why not?" He asked me.

" He looks so irresistible to fight with him." I said to him and he sighed deeply.

" Really, Chiara?!" He asked me and I nodded.

" Yeah." I said and he sighed.

" There must be a problem with that." He said.

" With what?" I asked him.

" Nothing but why did you want to fight with him today?" He asked me.

" Because there was a girl here came to meet her this morning." I said to him.

" Yeah, Rita." He said.

" Lin said she likes him. Why did she suddenly come here?" I asked him.

" You wanted to fight him for that?" He asked me. I nodded.

" She is just one of their classmates. No other relations between them."  He said and I nodded.

" He told me." I said to him.

" Then it's settled isn't it?" He asked me and I nodded.

" Great then." He said.

" How is Tracy doing?" I asked him.

" She is doing good now. I called her yesterday. She started to walk again. Though the injuries aren't healed properly yet. But thanks to her sister in law Stella. She has taken care of her all the time by herself." He said.

" She can't be compared with anyone else. She deserves to be with them." I said to him. He nodded.

" So true. They need her I their life because she is the center of their world." He said to me. " She really deserves to be the best supermodel. An idol for everyone. The best best mother, best wife, best sister." He said.

" I agree. Beautiful soul. Inner beauty does matter." I said to him.

" That's true." He said.

" When are we going to meet Tracy?" I asked him.

" Kylie and I will go there next week. You can join us if you want to come." He said and I nodded.

" Let's see if I can convince your friend then I will definitely be going with you guys and meet her." I said and he chuckled.

" Ok." He said.

" Susan!!" I saw Henry there.

" What happened?" I asked him.

" Sir is calling you." He said and I nodded.

" Ok. I am going." I said to him and he left.

" Go. Your husband can't wait for you anymore." He said and I rolled my eyes. This guy!!!

I stood up and walked towards his cabin. I didn't knock on the door because he forbade me to knock. I walked inside and found him sitting on the couch checking something. I walked and sat next to him. He didn't look up at me and I rolled my eyes. What's wrong with him?!!

" What happened?" I asked him. He still didn't look at me. " Anything wrong?" I asked him.

" Chiara, do you know the Travisan?" He asked me and I looked at him completely shocked. I gulped hard. Did he find out everything?!

" Why are you asking that?" I asked him.

" Just like that. Do you know them?" He asked me.

" Yeah, I know them." I said to him.

" How do you know them?" He asked me.

" I used to work for them." I said to him.

" Oh!!! That's great. From how long are you working with them?" He asked me and I sighed.

" Several years." I said to him.

" Then why suddenly you came here if you were already working with the Travisan?" He asked me.

" I came to have some experience." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Why don't you tell me the truth, Chiara?!" He asked me

" Which truth?" I asked him.

He sighed and handed me some of the photos. I looked at them with widened eyes. It was photos of my birthday which we celebrated a few days back. I looked back at him and he was looking at me sharply. I sighed.

" I can explain that." I said to him.

" Go ahead." He said very coldly. I am not used to this tone.

" I came here to take you home." I said and he chuckled.

" Home?! Which one? This is my home." He said.

" This is not your home. Why are you hiding from the truth, Dante?" I asked him.

" This is truth. But I didn't expect you playing this game with me." He said.

" Me?! I played a game with you?! When?" I asked him.

" You acted so innocent all these days. What did you want to prove acting like that?!" He asked me.

" If you forgot then I remind you that I kept telling you that I wasn't." I said to him. He chuckled.

" That means you faked everything?" He asked me.

" I didn't fake anything. I just wanted to help you. Nothing else." I said to him.

" You know very well that I hate liars. You just played with my emotions and I gave you the place I haven't given anyone ever!!!" He said and my eyes open widened.

" Excuse me!!! You can't accuse me like that. I love you for real. It's not fake. It's true. I am not faking it. What should I do to make you trust me?! Should I take my heart out and place it in your hand?" I asked him trying to hold back my tears.

" Please!!! Stop this drama." He said.

" Drama!!! Ok, I am fake but why did I do everything?! For you. For your grandparents. They need you, Dante. Please, come back home." I said to him.

" Has Mr. Travisan send you here?" He asked me.

" No. Not at all. He didn't want to let me come here. Cause he thought that you will not go back home." I said to him.

" He was right. I am not going back home. This is my home why would I go back home? Give me a reason. For what?!" He asked me. I took a deep breath. May be it's the time to reveal the truth to him. He can't be staying in the dark all the time.

" Because of your sister." I said to him.