Big Reason

Chiara's POV

" Chiara, come here." Marie said to me and I nodded weakly.

I sat next to her. I looked at Ben. He was looking at me sharply. I started to feel a bit uncomfortable with his gaze. I cleared my throat before taking a glass of water drinking it in one go. My throat was drying. I never thought that I will meet him once again like this.

" This is my nephew Benjamin and this is my niece Pauline." Marie said.

I sighed inwardly. Sure!!! When your luck is totally against you. You can't help yourself anyways. That happened to me this time. I tried to give them a welcoming smile but I knew I was terribly failing. I can't help it. Benjamin wasn't giving me a good vibe continuously giving me a sharp gaze.

" Oh, that's great. Nice to meet you, Benjamin and Pauline." I could say somehow.

" Nice to meet you too, Chiara." Pauline said and I nodded.

Ben didn't say anything. I know he was still angry with me about that incident but I was helpless. I had nothing else to do but that.

" How is everything, Chiara?" Ben asked me suddenly.

" Umm... Good. Thanks for asking." I said to him as I didn't want to talk to him much.

" Very well then." He said.

We didn't talk after that. They were talking but I kept silent. It's been long and I think I should clear the things to him. He deserves to know the truth. Who knows if he will believe me or not!! But it's really hard to see him herr again. It reminds me everything. Did I hurt him much?!! I think when he will know the truth he will be able to forgive me. I just hope he believes me. I am not sure if it will mess the situation more or not.

" What are you thinking about?" Bianca asked me.

" Nothing. Let's go upstairs. I am sleepy." I said to her and she nodded.

" Why were you too shocked to see Ben?" She asked me.

" Dona used to live in Milan with her family once?" I asked her.

" No. Ben used to live with his Uncle and Aunt in Milan a few years back." She said and I sighed.

" Yeah, got it." I said to her.

" Do you know Ben?" She asked me.

" I think he was in the same school of mine and he was my senior." I said to her. She nodded.

" May be yes." She said.

" Why did he use to live there in Milan?" I asked her.

" Because that time his father passed away. Neither aunt Dona nor my Mom had enough money to bring us all up and give us a civil life. So, my uncle asked to send him there. So that he can bring him up. That's it." She said and I nodded." More like giving him up for adoption. But he couldn't stay there for long. It didn't work. He came back after a few days." She said. I nodded. I know that part of the story. I don't need to be explained.

" I can understand. May be he couldn't adjust with that situation. This happens." I said to her.

" Yeah, that happens." I heard Ben's voice and got frozen at once. I saw him coming toward us.

My subconscious mind was saying not to face him now but I couldn't help it. I had to talk to him if he tries to start a conversation. If not then Bianca will start to be suspicious with my behavior. It's very complicated already. I don't need to mess it up more.

" Hey, Ben!!! We were not talking about that thing." Bianca said. He chuckled.

" Your mom is calling you downstairs." He said and Bianca rolled her eyes before going downstairs and leaving me in a completely awkward situation with Benjamin. I sighed inwardly.

" Chiara!!" He called me and I looked at him.

" Listen..." I tried to explain but he stopped me.

" How is Chelsea? How is she doing?" He asked and I sighed.

She still comes first to him. I suddenly started to feel guilty but if I didn't do that it would have spoiled their lives. I just didn't want that happens.

" She is fine and doing very well." I said and he sighed before being silent for a long time.

" What is she doing these days?" He asked me.

" She was graduated last year and now working as a lawyer for Travisans." I said to him. He smiled.

" Great. I am very happy for her." He said honestly. I could see his eyes shining with happiness.

" I am happy to you as well. You have become a doctor. You have fulfilled your own dream." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Are you really happy for me or just for saying?" He asked me and I sighed deeply.

" Look, Ben, I know I was wrong but that doesn't mean that I will wish bad for you. I am not your enemy." I said to him. He chuckled.

" You are not my friend as well." He said and I sighed deeply. Yeah, I spoiled that thing very smoothly.

" It's not like that." I said.

" Leave it. There is nothing more to discuss about." He said. " Does she miss me?" He asked me.

" A lot." I whispered.

" Why did you do that to your own sister, Chiara?! Doesn't she love you a lot?" He asked me.

" Did you ever give me that chance to explain?! Why bother to ask then? You will not trust me anyways." I said to him.

" I am not interested in hearing your lies, Chiara." He said and I sighed deeply.

" This why I don't want to say anything right now. I hope one day you will find out the truth. Before that I can't make you believe anything that I say." I said to him.

" If you were saying that truth then I would definitely believe you. But you are not honest when you are asked to answer about this." He said and I sighed deeply.

" Alright. Whatever you think it is. I didn't separate you both just like that. There was a big reason." I said before walking past him.