The Reason

Dante's POV

" What's wrong?" I asked my dear wife who was currently sitting on my lap hugging me tightly. I hugged her back.

" Nothing wrong." She said smilingly.

" Why are you so happy today?" I asked her.

" Your plan worked." She said and I chuckled.

" That's great." I said to her.

" But how did you know that Jimmy is after Chelsea?" She asked me and I chuckled again.

" Men's instinct." I said to her. " He was looking at Chelsea lustfully when we were having dinner last night." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" Why didn't you tell me that?! I would have scooped his eyes out." She said and I chuckled.

" It wasn't necessary. What did Benjamin do after knowing the truth?" I asked her.

" He was very shocked at first then very upset and guilty for his actions before." She said.

" Did he apologize to you for his works?" I asked her.

" Not yet. But he tried to talk to me last night about it. I told him that we will talk about it later." She said.

" You should have talked to him. Where is Jimmy and Katie now?" I asked her.

" Ben kicked them out of the house last night. I don't know where they are. I don't even want to know that." She said and I chuckled.

I already know where they are. I need to keep my eyes on them. They can try to hurt McCarty family even my wife and her sister as well.

" Ok. Don't worry. They don't mean anything." I said to her.

" Of course. They don't deserve my precious time. But you do." She said and pecked on my lips.

I narrowed my eyes at her. What is going on in her mind?! This girl turned into an evil one from such an innocent and sweet girl. I shook my head.

" What's going on in your head?" I asked her. " What are you thinking about?" I asked her.

" I am thinking about you. What else will I be thinking about? I don't have any other problem but you." She said.

" What have I done now?" I asked her.

" Who was that girl earlier?" She asked me and I sighed deeply.

" She was a college friend. She lives in Norway. She was here for a few days and came to meet me because she came here after several years. Even she met Dani and Lin as well." I said to her honestly.

" Yeah, Lin told me that she used like you a lot." She said and I sighed deeply.

This why it is said that best friends are meant to be the troublemakers. That should be one of their duty to create mess in their friend's life.

" She used to love me but I never liked her. I wasn't that type." I said to her.

" Do you have any problem with girls? I mean everything ok with you?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes.

" You wanna have a proof?" I asked her.

" Umm.." she pouted and I sighed deeply.

" If there was a problem them you wouldn't be my wife in the first place." I said to her.

" Yeah, that's right. But why didn't you try to have a girlfriend back then?" She asked me and I sighed.

" Because I never met you before. If I had meet you before then you would be my girlfriend." I said and she raised one of her eyebrows.

" True?" She asked me.

" Why would I lie to you?" I asked her.

" To get rid of this topic so that it doesn't make a huge fight between us?" She asked me. I sighed.

" It is not a topic to fight about." I said to her.

" Hmm... When are you going to ask my family for my hand?" She asked me.

" Soon. Very soon." I said to her.

" Hmm... That's great then. " She said. "I gotta go now. Dani is waiting for me." She said standing up.

She straightened her clothes and bend down before pecking on my lips again and walking out of my cabin. I chuckled at her childishness. When will she grow up? I was working and suddenly my phone started to ring. I found it's the private investigator Joseph.

" Hello!!" I said.

" Sir, got him." He said.

" Oh, ok. I will be there." I said.

" Yes, Sir." He said and I hung up.

I came out of the cabin and checked if Dani was free to come with me. But he was busy with Chiara working on the project. Since Tracy has left they have to complete her works as well. I can't blame them. I walked out of the office and reached the place. I knew where they were. The usual place. I walked inside and found them there already. I looked at the guy who was sitting on the chair.

" Who is this?" I asked Joseph.

" Sir, he is the guy who was following Ms. Madison all these days disguising as a woman." Joseph said and I chuckled.

" Why are you following her taking a disguise of a woman?" I asked him.

" I was following the orders." He said.

" Who told you to do so?" I asked him.

" Mr. Gregory." He said.

" Why would he do that?" I asked him.

" Because Ms. Madison is a big obstacle on his way to reach his goal." He said.

" Which goal?" I asked him.

" His goal is to destroy Edwards." He said.

" But why would he do that? Does he have any enmity with the Edwards?" I asked him.

" I don't know." He said. I nodded.

" But why were you following Ms. Madison in a disguise?" I asked him. "Who is that woman?" I asked him.

" It's someone who is no more." He said.

" Who?" I asked him.

" She is Carter's mother. Carter is Bianca McCarty's friend." He said and I looked at him weirdly.

" Why her?" I asked him.

" Cause if she tried to say that to someone then no one would believe him. And it would prove that she has some mental issue for imagining a dead woman around." he said.

" What?!!" I said.

" Yes." He said.

" Great plan." I rolled my eyes.

" But that girl you are talking about is not Susan Madison. Her name is Chiara Zesper." He said.

" I know that." I said.

" Then you might also know that she is very close to your grandpa Mr. Travisan. She was Mrs. Travisan's PA. She is very close to both of them." He said and I looked at him weirdly.

" How do you know that?!" I asked him and he chuckled.

" I know that because I know her from long back." He said.

If she is very close to my grandparents then she definitely knows me. But why didn't she tell me then?! What can be the reason behind this?!!