Divorce

Chiara's POV

" You ok?" Dante asked me and I nodded. " Go home, take rest. We have to handle a lot of stuffs tomorrow." He said and I leaned back on the seat closing my eyes.

The car was moving toward McCarty's house. It's been a week after that incident happened with Tracy. She was doing better now than before. She will be fine in a couple of months. But her best friend Beatrice was no more which she still doesn't have any idea about. She keeps asking about her all the time. That day when I went to see her she asked me as well. I somehow managed it telling her that she is still unconscious. But I don't think this is going to work for a long.

" You didn't sleep at all last night." he said to me. I sighed deeply.

We were in Melbourne yesterday attending Beatrice and her sibling's funeral. They may rest in peace. I would have never ever believed this if I wasn't here. Anahita killed her own siblings that brutally!!!

" I couldn't." I said and he kept his palm on my forehead checking the temperature.

" You don't have a fever. May be you are too tired. Will you come with me?" He asked me. I sighed.

" I would love to but I need to stay home tonight. I have a lot to finish tonight to attend the meeting tomorrow." I said.

" You don't have to do anything. Don't worry about anything just relax. I will handle them. You go home and sleep until tomorrow morning." He said to me.

I looked at him for awhile then sighed. No one ever told this to me before that they will handle my works and I can relax for awhile. Yeah, I agree that I have a lot of before around me who loves me a lot. They help me in everything but no one told this to me like this, I don't have to worry about anything they will handle it and I can relax.

It was always me since my dad left us. My mom was very sick that time. She couldn't help to support the family. My grandma was always a woman with her ego. She wouldn't go out and work to earn money. It wasn't her cup of tea. My siblings were too young to do something to earn money for supporting our family. Though Chelsea is older than me but she had stay home to take care of Mom and the home. My grandma never ever helped us in anyway just to keep judging us all the time. Only Chelsea and I know how much of it was behind the story of living a civil life today.

I never had a dream of having a life partner like Prince Charming or something. I always wanted someone who will understand me and with whom I will be able to share anything and everything, who will never judge me and take all of my burden I have on my shoulders and let me take a breath of relief for awhile. I sighed deeply.

Dante is much better than my expectations. In fact, he is the best. I couldn't find someone better than him. But the biggest question is will he start to hate me if he comes to know that I am here to take him home back?!! I don't know. If he starts to hate me then I will not be able to live with my guilt in me.

" Where are you lost today, Chiara? Are you feeling ok?" He asked me.

" I am fine." I said and he nodded before taking my hands and playing with my fingers. I stayed silent for a while. " Marc!!" I called him. Almost called him Dante. Shit!! Kill me.

" Yes?" He replied. I took a deep breath.

" Suppose one day you come to know that I am betraying you what will you do?" I asked him. He looked at me for awhile.

" I will kill that guy and bring you back. May be you can live without me but I can't live without you." He said and I sighed rolling my eyes at him.

" Not that kind of betraying. I was saying if one day you come to know that I am doing something you don't like, then?" I asked him.

" We can talk and make it right." He said. " Simple."

" Not that simple. Suppose, it can't be made right now." I asked him.

" Then I will try to adjust with that. But I am not going anywhere." He said and I smiled.

" Promise?" I said to him and he nodded.

" Promise." He said and started to play with my fingers again. I rolled my eyes. What's with this guy!!!

" Do you want to share something?" I asked him. He sighed.

" After this deal settles down we will go to Milan and I will ask family if they are ok with our wedding." He said to me.

" What if they are not?" I asked him.

" Is there any reason to dislike me?" He asked me.

" No. But you know my mom wanted me to marry her friend's son." I said to irritate him.

" Thanks for reminding me about that. I need to kill him later." He said to me and I rolled my eyes.

" He hasn't done anything here. Stop acting too possessive." I said to him. "But what if your family doesn't like me?" I asked him looking at him sharply. He looked at me then looked away.

" I don't have a family. You are my family." He said and I sighed.

The car stopped in of McCarty's house. I was getting down from the car but he pulled me back and gave me a tight hug. I sighed and hugged him back.

" Have rest. Don't stress out." He said and I snuggled in his chest. I wasn't in mood of leaving now but I had to.

" You too." I said to him. " And I have almost completed my tasks. You don't need to handle it." I said breaking the hug cause the more I will keep hugging him the more it will leave me frustrated for not being able to be with him.

" But take care. If you can't handle it then I am just here. Call me." He said and kissed on my forehead. I nodded and got down from the car. " Go inside." He said.

I walked inside and then he left. I smiled. Didn't I want a guy like him for myself?! Responsible, loving, caring, kind and supportive. He has all those things I wanted I my husband. He is the best thing happened in my life ever. I smiled and walked inside. As soon as I stepped in the living room I got a shock seeing Tania there. What is she doing here?!

" Hey, Tania!!! How are you?" I asked her.

" Susan,.... I... Umm.." she was stuttering.

" What's wrong, Tania?" I asked her and looked at Mrs. Walden, Jeremy and Carter who were with her. I looked at Bianca and she shrugged letting me know that she doesn't have any clue what's going on.

" Can you help me a bit?" She asked me.

" About what?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath and sighed before saying, " I want a divorce from Peter." She said and my eyes open widened at once. What?!!