Chapter 69: ...

Aizawa's POV:

When we got back to the car, I laid the seat in the back down and gently laid Y/N on top. I waited in the driver's seat with my forehead resting against the steering wheel. Once Hizashi joined me and sat in the passenger's seat, I turned my head towards him as I still had my head on the steering wheel. He looked back at Y/N, then to me.

"Should we cover her with a blanket?"

I sat up straight and raised my voice, "She's not dead!"

"That's not what I meant!" he hollered before correcting himself, "I'm sorry...I'm just..." He sighed. "What I meant was that we should cover her except for her face. She needs to keep warm which may help with her healing process."

"You're right, and I'm sorry too for snapping like that." I said, agreeing with him and apologizing.

"I'll get the blanket from the back." He said before getting out and going into the trunk to grab the blanket. He then opened one of the doors for the back of the car and covered her up to her chin. As he got back in he said, "The blanket's going to be stained..." and paused to close the door, then continued once it was closed, "cause ya know...from the..." he waved his hand as he said, "you know." He then turned his head and looked out the window. I started the car and we were on our way back home.

When we got back to the apartment, I put the car in park. Hizashi and I looked at each other, silently debating how we were going to get Y/N back into the house without making it look like she's dead or showing her wounds. We then decided that Hizashi was going to carry her like she was sleeping, and had the blanket wrapped around her like a cape with a hood. When we got into the apartment, we stood by the door debating where we should lay her. "We should really clean her up before we bring her to her room." I suggested. I then had Hizashi bring her into the bathroom, and to lay her on the floor while I looked around for bandages. As I looked around the whole house, I couldn't find any until I happened to accidentally kick Y/N's backpack and a small first aid kit fell out. I picked it up, opened it, then ran down to the main bathroom where they were. When I ran into the bathroom, I noticed that Hizashi was watching her very closely.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I opened the little box.

He didn't respond for a few seconds, but then said quietly, "Something is moving in her wounds."

I stopped what I was doing and looked at them; I too noticed that they were moving. "Oh god, did bugs crawl in?" I said as if I was repulsed by it. Hizashi quickly jumped on top of the sink counter and crouched there.

"Get them out!" He said in a way that I could tell he was trying to keep his cool but failed. I sat the first aid box on the counter and began to look in the drawers for tweezers. As I did, he yelled, "Look!" I quickly looked to her and saw that whatever it was that was in her wounds was ever so slowly creeping out.

"Should I pull them out or do you think it'd injure her some more?" I asked as I just found the tweezers in the drawer.

He slowly crept down from the counter to get a closer look. "Yeah, maybe we shouldn't meddle with it...it could set back the time that she needs to heal."

"You're right..." I said as I put the tweezers back into the drawer. I then picked up the first aid box again and picked out a wide bandage and a roll of gauze along with a roll of medical tape. As I sat the box down again, I heard a light thud. I looked to Zashi and saw that he was looking at floor rather than Y/N. "What was that?" I ask as I crouched down next to Y/N to try and apply the bandages.

He pointed to the ground as he said softly, "Th-the bullet popped out."

"Huh!?" I exclaimed as I stood up and walked around her. He pointed to the bullet that was lying on the ground almost directly below the bullet wound. "How in the..." I said in a near whisper.