Blessing (Quinn/Carole)

A/N: I originally wrote this for Quinn but then I was gonna change it to Rachel but then I'd have to edit a lot out and I'm lazy so I'm leaving it. I might write a Rachel version at some point.

-

"It's really good to see you, Quinn. I'm glad you came over." Carole stated when she and Quinn were alone. "I'm sure tomorrow we won't get any one-on-one time."

"Yeah." Quinn said. "It's good to see you, too. I'm sorry I haven't called in a while. I don't wanna make any excuses, but I'll try to be better."

"Honey, you have a busy career and a crazy schedule." Carole pointed out. "And a beautiful daughter to prioritize. Believe me, I know what it's like being a single mother."

"I know, but... I just..." Quinn took a deep breath and looked at Carole. "I feel guilty sometimes."

"You shouldn't feel guilty for having a life." Carole told Quinn. "Now let's save all the sadness and crying for tomorrow. I wanna hear all about Beth. Last month was her birthday, right?"

"Yes, she just turned seven." Quinn answered. "She was so excited about celebrating with the kids in her first grade class on the actual day, and her teacher let me come in for it."

"That's so sweet." Carole said. "I can't believe she's seven now."

"I know." Quinn nodded. "Neither can I. Noah teases me about it, but I always get emotional on her birthday."

"She's your baby." Carole said, smiling at Quinn.

"She always will be." Quinn smiled back.

Carole nodded and looked at Quinn. "So I heard about Beth and a little bit about work, but what about relationships? Are you dating anyone?"

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow and didn't say anything.

"I noticed you didn't have your ring on anymore." Carole noted. "It's okay if you are. We all want you to be happy, Quinn."

"That's part of why I came here today." Quinn admitted as she took a deep breath. "Noah asked me to come to L.A. with him."

Carole looked at Quinn.

"He said he wants to be with me." Quinn told Carole.

"Do you wanna be with him?" Carole wondered.

"Noah's been there for me through everything since we were sixteen." Quinn stated. "We've always been close and we share Beth, and... he wants the three of us to be in L.A. like a real family."

"Is that what you want?" Carole asked.

"I feel guilty about it, but I do." Quinn confessed.

"Why do you feel guilty?" Carole questioned Quinn.

"Because Finn and I were engaged." Quinn answered. "We talked about our future and children, and... I feel guilty thinking about those things with someone else, even if that someone else is Noah."

Carole looked at Quinn.

"I don't wanna move on too soon, and we don't wanna disrespect you or Finn in any way." Quinn clarified. "I haven't even talked to Beth about it yet."

"When Finn's dad died, I went on a date a little less than a year later." Carole told Quinn. "It was with a guy I never even considered dating, but I figured why not? I needed to dip my feet back in at some point."

Quinn nodded slowly as she bit her lip.

"Anyway, it didn't work out, but if it did, I wouldn't have married Burt." Carole noted. "And I love Burt so much, but being with him doesn't mean that I love Christopher any less."

"I love Finn." Quinn told Carole. "He really was my best friend and I was so excited to marry him this year."

"I know." Carole nodded as tears filled her eyes. "And he knew that, too. He loved you so much, but I know my son. He would want you to move on with someone who makes you just as happy as he did."

Quinn nodded back.

"And Puck makes you happy." Carole added with a smile. "He's your daughter's father and he makes you happy. He was Finn's brother, and Finn would be really happy to see your family back together."

"You think so?" Quinn asked.

"I know so." Carole answered. "You and Puck both have my blessing."

Quinn's eyes filled with tears and she nodded. "Thank you, Carole."