Grandpa (Quicketh)

Puck glanced at his phone as it rang. He answered it and put it to his ear. "Hey, baby. Home already?"

"I just went to Beth's school to pick her up." Quinn told Puck, sounding frantic. "And her teacher said she was picked up an hour ago."

"Well, I don't have her so who picked her up? Jake?" Puck wondered.

"Her grandfather." Quinn responded.

"Your dad?" Puck asked.

"Not my dad." Quinn said.

"My dad? I didn't even know he knew about her." Puck stated. "But I'll call you as soon as I have her."

"Okay." Quinn responded. "I'm at the school. I'm about to go speak to the principal."

"I'll handle my dad. I'll call you soon." Puck promised. "I love you."

"I love you."

-

Puck hung up the phone and left work. He headed to the ice cream place that Beth loved. His dad knew nothing about kids and knowing Beth, she would've asked to go there.

Fueled by his hatred of his dad and his protectiveness of Beth, Puck practically ran there.

Puck ran inside, but the place was empty, other than a family of four brunettes.

"Did you see a little blonde girl in here?" Puck questioned the workers. "My girlfriend and I take her here all the time."

"Yeah, I think she just left."

Puck nodded and thanked the workers as he ran out. He hurried down the street, heading towards the park, which was another spot Beth loved.

Puck scanned the park for a little blonde girl. He spotted her playing hopscotch with a black-haired girl while his dad and the other girl's parents looked on and chatted.

Clenching his jaw, Puck hurried over to them.

"Get the fuck away from her." Puck hissed as he stood between Beth and his dad.

"Language, Daddy." Beth scolded.

Puck looked at Beth, checking her arms and legs and face for bruises before taking her hand. "Are you okay? Come on. Let's go home."

"I wanna stay. Me and Tori are playing." Beth noted.

"Yeah, let her stay." James said.

"I could kill you right now." Puck responded. "I'm serious. Stay the hell away from her."

"She's my granddaughter. Don't you think I have a right to meet her?" James asked.

"No, I think you lost that right when you decided not to be a dad." Puck stated. "You had no right showing up here and introducing yourself or pulling her out of school."

"What's the big deal?" James wondered. "We're family."

"We're not family." Puck shook his head. "Come on, B. Say goodbye to your friend."

"I don't wanna go home yet." Beth said.

"Your mom is waiting." Puck told Beth as he scooped her up. "Let's go."