Braids (Puck/Sarah)

"Noah, can you braid my hair?"

"You want me to braid your hair?" Puck asked, looking at his sister who was standing at his door.

Sarah nodded. "Do you know how? Mom's at work."

"Come here." Puck nodded back.

The young brunette entered her big brother's room and climbed onto his bed.

Puck made room and sat behind Sarah, taking the hairbrush out of her hand. He gently started brushing her hair. When the knots were out, he put the brush down and looked at Sarah.

"What kind of braid do you want?" Puck asked.

"A braid." Sarah answered.

"Yeah, regular or French?" Puck wondered.

"You can French braid?" Sarah raised her eyebrow as she looked at Puck.

Puck nodded.

"Do that." Sarah requested.

"One or two?" Puck questioned Sarah.

"Two." Sarah answered.

Puck sat on his knees as he carefully parted Sarah's hair down the middle. He started the first braid, pulling more hair into it as he progressed.

"You're not very good at this." Sarah noted.

"Cut me some slack." Puck stated. "This is the first time I'm doing it."

"Well, don't pull so hard." Sarah scolded.

"Then stop moving." Puck argued as he continued braiding while consciously making an effort to be more gentle.

"How did you learn to braid anyway?" Sarah asked.

"YouTube." Puck answered. "But if you tell anyone I did these, I'm never doing it again."

"Why?" Sarah wondered.

"Because." Puck said as he took the hair tie from his wrist and tied it at the end of the braid. "Turn so I can do the other one."

Sarah looked at Puck. "Okay, but be gentle."

"I am." Puck nodded.

Sarah turned to let Puck do the other braid.

Puck held onto Sarah's hair and gently braided it. He wasn't super fast, but the braid was neat and even.

When he finished, Puck put a hair tie on it and looked at Sarah.

"What do you think?" Puck wondered.

Sarah got up and looked in Puck's full-length mirror on his closet door. She turned back to her brother. "These are actually really good."

"If anyone asks, just say Mom did them." Puck responded.

Sarah nodded as she walked back over to Puck and hugged him. "Thanks, Noah."

"You're welcome." Puck nodded as they parted. He got up and looked at her. "You need a ride to school?"

"Yeah, but no motorcycle." Sarah said.

"Mom's at work." Puck reminded Sarah.

"If you make me go on the motorcycle, I'll tell everyone at school you did my hair." Sarah smirked, despite not knowing why it was a big deal.

"Fine, I'll meet you in the car."