Rest in Peace Monkeyface (Quicketh/Jake)

"Quinn!"

Quinn blinked back to reality and looked at Santana.

"I said Puck's here." Santana told Quinn.

Quinn slowly stood up as Puck walked over. He greeted Santana with a hug before taking Quinn's hand and kissing her cheek.

"Sorry I'm late." Puck apologized. "I was trying to prepare myself to see her like that."

"I'm just glad you're here." Quinn said softly.

"Everyone else should be here soon." Santana told Quinn and Puck. "I'll give you two a minute, okay?"

Quinn nodded slowly as the Latina exited the room, pulling the doors shut behind her.

Puck squeezed Quinn's hand as the pair stood in front of the casket, looking down at the little girl in front of them. Their little girl.

Quinn immediately started sobbing, and even though Puck was crying, too, he wrapped his arms around Quinn and held her comfortingly.

Quinn gently pulled away from Puck, taking a deep breath as she wiped her eyes. She looked at Beth and then looked at Puck, shaking her head.

"This isn't fair." Quinn whined.

"I know." Puck agreed.

Quinn sat down on the couch again, feeling too weak to stand. Puck sat down beside her with his arm around her.

-

"Your mom's here." Quinn noted. "And Sarah."

Puck nodded as he stood up and greeted his mom and sister, who was crying. "Thank you for coming."

"I'm so sorry." Ruth said, hugging Puck and then Quinn.

Quinn nodded as Sarah hugged her. "Thank you both for coming."

Sarah nodded back as she and Quinn parted.

"If you two need anything, we'll be here." Ruth added before she and Sarah went up to the front.

Santana returned shortly after with Brittany and Quinn's mom.

Judy joined Quinn and Puck on the couch, stroking Quinn's arm as she cried, and Santana and Brittany went to the front to say a prayer for Beth.

More of their friends arrived and greeted Quinn and Puck with hugs and their condolences, but it was all a blur.

"I need some air." Puck decided when the room had filled up. "Are you okay if I step out for a minute?"

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "Just don't disappear on me."

"I love you." Puck reminded Quinn softly as he kissed her cheek and squeezed her hand before walking away.

Quinn watched Puck until he was out of sight. She took a deep breath when she saw Carole walk in with Burt.

The pair went to the front before walking over to Quinn.

"Quinn, I'm so sorry." Carole said, hugging the blonde.

Quinn nodded when she and Carole parted. "Thank you both for coming."

"How are you and Puck holding up?" Carole asked.

"We're not." Quinn shrugged, her voice breaking as she wiped her eyes. "Honestly, I don't see how we're supposed to get through this."

"I know, sweetie." Carole said with a sympathetic frown. "But you will, I promise."

Quinn bit her lip and nodded slowly.