Veterans Day (Quicketh)

A/N: dedicated to @mcchusky bc this was such a fun and cute idea! I hope you like it:)

-

"Beth's teacher invited me in tomorrow." Puck told Quinn as he climbed into bed beside her. "To help with the class Veterans Day party."

"That sounds great." Quinn replied. "Are you gonna go?"

"Yeah." Puck said. "I'm gonna go for the afternoon, and I promised I'd bring in cupcakes so I'll make them in the morning."

"I'm proud of you." Quinn smiled. "I didn't even know Beth's teacher knew that you're a veteran."

"Beth told her when she told the kids what Veterans Day means, so she thanked me and invited me." Puck explained. "Her brothers are in the Marines."

"Wow." Quinn said.

"Yeah." Puck replied.

-

"Q, I'm going!" Puck called.

"Okay." Quinn responded as she walked to the apartment door. She kissed Puck's cheek. "You have everything? You're not wearing your uniform?"

"No, I'm not active duty anymore." Puck pointed out with a shrug. "I have the cupcakes so I'm gonna go."

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "You look good. Have fun being there. I'm so proud of you, and I'm sure the kids will love having you."

"Yeah." Puck agreed. "Thanks. I'll see you later."

"See you later. Quinn echoed. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Puck smiled as he kissed Quinn before leaving.

-

"Hi." Puck said when he got to the classroom. "I know I'm a little early."

"That's okay. We're glad to have you." Beth's teacher replied. "You can put your things down while I go get the kids from recess."

"Okay, thanks, Mrs. Wilson." Puck nodded.

The teacher smiled before excusing herself and leaving Puck alone in the classroom.

Puck put everything down on the back table and looked around the classroom. There was student artwork and classwork plastered proudly on the walls, along with other decorations.

After a few minutes alone, Puck heard the kids in the hallway, and Mrs. Wilson led them into the classroom.

"Alright, everyone. Take your seats and let's all regroup." Mrs. Wilson commanded, waiting by the door as each of the kids passed her and entered the room. "We have a very special guest joining us today. Would you like to introduce him, Beth?"

Beth nodded and grinned at Puck. "This is my dad. He's a veteran because he was in the Air Force."

"That's right." Mrs. Wilson said. "So we're gonna give our attention to Mr. Puckerman today. He's going to read a book while we eat the delicious cupcakes he brought to share with us, right?"

"Right!"

"Beth, you can help your dad pass everything out." Mrs. Wilson added.

"Okay." Beth said as she got up from her chair and walked over to Puck.

The duo walked around the room, passing out the cupcakes. They ended with Mrs. Wilson before Beth took her seat again and Puck stood at the front of the room.

"Everybody has a cupcake?" Puck asked.

"Mhm." The kids nodded, their mouths already full.

"Alright. Let's read Hero Dad." Puck said with a smile as he picked up the book and sat down on the stool at the front of the room.

-

"Before we all go, what do we say to Mr. Puckerman?" Mrs. Wilson asked the class at the end of the day.

"THANK YOU!" The class replied in unison.

"Thank you for coming." Mrs. Wilson added. "And for your sacrifice and service."

"Thanks for having me." Puck nodded as he looked at Beth. "Ready to go, B?"

Beth nodded and looked at Mrs. Wilson.

"See you tomorrow, Beth." Mrs. Wilson smiled.

Beth got up and pushed in her chair before walking over to Puck and taking his hand.

The pair started to leave the classroom when one of Beth's classmates stopped them.

"Excuse me, sir."

Puck paused and looked at the black-haired boy, who was seated by the door.

The kid stood up and put his hand out. "My mom is in the military, too. Thank you for your service."

"Thank you." Puck smiled, shaking the kid's hand. "And thank you to your mom, too."

Puck and Beth started heading home hand in hand.

"Daddy, you're my hero."

Puck looked at Beth.

"And I love you." Beth said.

"I love you, too, Monkeyface." Puck told her as he squeezed her hand.

"I'm proud of you." Beth added. "Happy Veteran's Day."