Closer (Quinn/Puck/Jake)

"Stay away from Quinn."

"What?"

"I shouldn't have to tell you not to sleep with the mother of my kid."

Quinn knocked on Jake's apartment door and waited.

The door opened and Jake put his head down as he went to close it, but Quinn stopped him.

"Quinn, I texted you." Jake muttered.

"I know." Quinn nodded. "I just wanted to stop by to see you."

"Now's not a good time." Jake stated.

"What happened?" Quinn wondered.

"I'm busy, okay?" Jake responded.

"What happened to your face?" Quinn asked.

"Nothing. I really have to go." Jake said. "I'm sorry."

Quinn sighed as Jake closed the door. She paused for a moment as she thought about it. When she realized what happened, she hurried to Puck's.

"Oh, hey, Q." Puck smiled at Quinn when he answered the door.

"Why did you beat up your brother?" Quinn questioned Puck as she entered the apartment.

"What?" Puck asked, closing the door and turning to face Quinn.

"I was supposed to get lunch with Jake today, but he canceled so I went over there to see why and he's all bruised up." Quinn noted. "So tell me why you beat him up."

"What makes you think I did it?" Puck wondered.

"Because I know you." Quinn said. "And I know you're gonna tell me the truth."

"Okay." Puck replied. "I don't like that you and Jake are always hanging out."

"You wanted us to bond while you were away." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Yeah, I wanted you to bond as friends, not friends with benefits." Puck clarified.

"Wait a minute." Quinn muttered. "You think Jake and I hooked up?"

Puck nodded. "Something's definitely going on there."

"If you don't want me hanging out with Jake, you could've talked to me about it, but you're way off base here." Quinn told Puck. "He and I never did anything. He's your brother. I would never do that to you."

"Then why are you guys always hanging out?" Puck wondered. "'Cause before I left, I could barely get you two to be in the same room as each other, and now you're hanging out one on one."

Quinn didn't say anything.

"So if you're telling me you didn't do anything, why are you suddenly super close?" Puck asked.

"We got close when you were away." Quinn said with a shrug. "A lot of stuff happened."

"What kind of stuff?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Call Jake and apologize." Quinn commanded.

"Not until you tell me what happened." Puck responded.

"No." Quinn shook her head. "No, you're gonna call him and apologize first."

"Fine." Puck said as he scrolled through his phone. "Maybe Jake'll tell me what happened."

"Wait." Quinn muttered. "You should hear it from me."

Puck nodded slowly and pocketed his phone.

Quinn bit her lip and sat down on the couch.

Puck frowned as he sat down beside Quinn. "Q, whatever it is, you can tell me. We can talk about it."

"A few weeks after you left, I woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain and I was bleeding pretty badly." Quinn continued. "So I called Jake. He took me to the hospital where we found out I had an ectopic pregnancy."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"That's when there's some kind of defect and instead of implantation in the uterus, it's in the Fallopian tube." Quinn explained. "Ultimately, the baby wouldn't have been able to survive there, and the doctors recommended surgery to terminate the pregnancy. So I did."

"Quinn."

"I couldn't have you with me so Jake was the next best thing. He was there for me before and after the surgery, and he checked in on me, and just let me cry." Quinn told Puck. "He promised not to tell anyone and I planned to tell when you came home."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"I wanted to tell you when I was ready, but then we broke up and it all happened so fast, but I had no other choice." Quinn shrugged as she looked at Puck. "I'm sorry."

"You did what you had to do." Puck noted. "If you didn't, you wouldn't be here either."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I'm really sorry, Q." Puck replied. "Thank you for telling me. And I'm sorry I accused you and Jake of hooking up."

"It's okay." Quinn nodded. "I'm okay. Besides, we weren't ready for a baby anyway, and now that we're not together, it would've been even harder."

"We would've figured it out if we had to." Puck said as he got up. "I should call Jake to apologize."