Stepfather (Beth/Puck/Fabrevans)

"Dad!"

"Hey, B." Puck replied as he went to greet her at the front door. He paused when he saw the look on her face. "What's up?"

"You need to go talk to Sam." Beth said.

"Why?" Puck wondered.

"He thinks he can tell me what to do." Beth noted. "I told him and Mom that I'm going to a concert this weekend, and he said I can't go."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "What'd your mother say?"

"She said I can't go." Beth replied. "After I talked to her about it weeks ago when I bought the tickets."

"I'll talk to them." Puck promised. "You can go."

"Thanks, Dad." Beth said.

-

The next day, Puck went over to Quinn and Sam's apartment. He knocked on the door and waited in the hall.

The door opened and Sam stood there. "Puck? Hey."

"Sam." Puck nodded.

"Quinn and the kids aren't home." Sam told Puck. "I thought she was dropping them off later."

"Yeah, she is." Puck said. "I actually came here to see you."

"Me?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, can I come in?" Puck requested.

"Yeah, sure." Sam nodded as he stepped back to let Puck in. He closed the door behind him. "Do you want a drink or anything?"

"I'm good." Puck shook his head.

Sam nodded again as he sat down on the couch. "So..."

"So." Puck repeated as he sat down. "I wanted to talk to you."

"Yeah." Sam said. "About what?"

"The kids." Puck answered. "Well, mostly Beth."

"Is this about that concert?" Sam guessed.

"Yeah, Quinn and I told her she could go weeks ago." Puck replied. "And now she's saying that's not the case."

"Maybe we should have this conversation when Quinn gets back." Sam suggested.

"Did you tell Beth she can't go?" Puck asked.

"I said I didn't think it was a good idea to let a sixteen-year-old go to a concert alone." Sam told Puck.

"Do you remember the things we were doing when we were sixteen?" Puck questioned Sam. "I mean, I was sleeping around, you were a stripper..."

"Easy." Sam said.

"Beth's a good kid." Puck noted. "And not that I have to explain things about my daughter to you, but she's not going alone. She's going with friends."

"I never said she wasn't a good kid." Sam stated.

"I told her she can go." Puck added. "She's gonna check in with me since she's with me this weekend, and I'll let Quinn know when she's home."

Sam didn't say anything.

"I appreciate everything you do for the kids." Puck continued. "I do. And that you make Quinn happy."

Sam smiled and nodded.

"But they're not your kids." Puck reminded Sam. "You're not their father."

"I know that." Sam said.

"Then I need you to back off a little bit." Puck requested. "I mean, if you and Quinn have reasonable rules for them here, fine, but you can't control Beth."

Sam looked at Puck.

"If you keep doing what you've been doing, you're just gonna push her away from Quinn." Puck explained. "'Cause if we're being honest, the reason Beth prefers my place is because you're not there."

Sam furrowed his eyebrow, but didn't say anything as the apartment door opened and Quinn entered with the kids.

"Daddy!"

"Hey, guys." Quinn said as she greeted Sam with a kiss and then turned to Puck. "I thought I was dropping the kids off at your place later?"

"Yeah, I must've mixed up our plans." Puck shrugged as he got up. "Sam just let me in."

Quinn nodded. "Well, since you're here, you may as well take them."

Puck scooped up his two youngest daughters, putting them on his hips as he looked at his son and his oldest daughter.

"All set?" Beth asked.

Puck nodded. "Let's get you guys home."