Camping (Quick/Finchel)

"We're here." Puck announced as he put the car in park and got out.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow and looked back at Rachel and Finn.

"We're here?" Rachel asked. "We're in the middle of nowhere."

"Yup." Finn nodded before getting out of the car.

Quinn got out of the car and looked at Puck. "Noah, what is this?"

"Camping." Puck answered.

"Camping?" Rachel repeated. "Finn."

"Puck and I agreed that you two need a vacation from everything." Finn said.

"Camping is not a vacation." Quinn responded, folding her arms.

"Come on, babe." Puck said. "This will be fun. Besides, when's the last time we had time to ourselves?"

"We always have time to ourselves." Quinn stated.

"Without Beth." Puck added.

Quinn frowned.

"This will be fun." Finn promised the girls.

"You shouldn't have bombarded us like this." Rachel argued. "I mean, what about hair and makeup?"

"More importantly, what about bathrooms and showers?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah, I'm not going to the bathroom in a hole and I'm not showering in the river." Rachel told the boys.

"First of all, it's a lake." Puck said. "And second, there are outdoor showers and bathroom stalls."

"What about sleeping?" Quinn wondered.

"Hold on." Rachel said. "I need to know how equipped this is. I have a morning and nighttime ritual, and I need to know where I can do my hair and makeup."

"We're camping, Rach. You really need your hair and makeup done?" Finn questioned her.

"You've never seen my hair undone." Rachel told Finn. "And you've hardly ever seen me without makeup since you usually sleep in."

"I don't care about hair and makeup." Quinn shook her head. "Noah's already seen every version of me."

"And every part of you." Puck smirked.

Quinn rolled her eyes as she looked at him. "Where are we sleeping?"

"I rented a trailer." Puck said. "We just have to pick it up, but then we park it on site and it has two beds and a sink and a little shower thing."

"For the bathrooms, we'll use the stalls in the bathhouse." Finn added. "Puck and I are gonna go pick up the trailer."

"You're not leaving us here in the middle of nowhere alone." Rachel shook her head.

"Yeah, I'll go with Noah." Quinn decided. "We'll be back soon."

-

"So you thought camping was something I'd be into?" Quinn asked as Puck drove.

"Finn and I thought you and Rachel could use a break." Puck stated. "Something a little off the grid."

"Hmm." Quinn muttered.

"It'll be fun." Puck swore. "They have group bonfires and there's a ton of stuff to do on the lake. Plus, we'll be sleeping indoors, and I made sure to get the super comfy mattresses so you won't have any back pain or anything."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"We need some alone time, Q." Puck stated. "I love Beth, but every now and then we need time just us."

"You're right." Quinn agreed as she took Puck's hand. "And I'm sorry I've been complaining. I really appreciate the effort you put into this, and I'm looking forward to being with you."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

-

"Do you think Quinn and Puck will be back soon?" Rachel asked Finn.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll be here any minute." Finn nodded.

"In what world would you think that I'd wanna go camping?" Rachel blurted. "Camping is not a vacation, Finn. A resort or a spa is a vacation."

"Well, Puck and I wanted to take you and Quinn camping, and seeing as we usually do whatever you want, I thought it'd be nice to do something I wanna do this time." Finn stated.

"We don't always do what I want." Rachel argued. "We compromise."

"I compromise." Finn corrected Rachel. "Whenever we have a fight, I compromise and do what you want."

"That's not true." Rachel shook her head.

Before Finn could continue the argument, Puck and Quinn returned. The pair got out of the car hand-in-hand, smiling happily.

"What are you two so happy about?" Rachel asked.

"Being together." Quinn answered as she looked at Puck. "The boys were right, Rachel. We're gonna have fun here. And we need this."

"But camping?" Rachel asked.

"I don't care where we are as long as we're together." Quinn responded. "Besides, camping means I get to watch Noah do all the things he loves and that's enough for me."

Finn gave Rachel a look. "See? That's a real compromise."

"Oh great. They're already fighting." Puck muttered.

"Why don't we get everything to our campsite so we can settle in?" Quinn suggested.

-

"You know what, it's late. I think I'm gonna settle in." Finn decided.

"Take the bed on that end of the trailer." Puck suggested. "And just be careful of the ceilings because they're pretty low."

"Got it, thanks." Finn nodded. "Night, everyone."

"Night." Rachel repeated. "I'll be right in."

Finn disappeared into the trailer, and Rachel looked at Puck and Quinn.

"I think I'm gonna go lay down, too." Quinn decided. "Babe?"

"I'll be in when this burns out." Puck nodded.

"Okay." Quinn smiled, kissing Puck lightly. "Goodnight."

"Night." Puck echoed as he watched Quinn go inside. He turned to Rachel. "You having fun yet?"

"No." Rachel shook her head. "Are you?"

"Yeah." Puck answered. "This is relaxing. And Quinn came around to the idea so we'll have fun."

Rachel bit her lip.

"I'm gonna be honest." Puck said. "Finn does a lot and sacrifices a lot for you, some things you don't even know about, and he was really excited about this."

"Yeah, but Finn knows me well enough to know I wasn't gonna love camping." Rachel pointed out.

"True." Puck nodded. "But it's not about camping. It's about slowing down and being together. I mean, look at me and Quinn. She's not into camping, but she's into me and being with me."

Rachel nodded slowly.

"All I'm saying is you should try to be more aware of what makes Finn happy." Puck stated as he got up. He poked at the fire, which was pretty much out. "You're too high maintenance."

"There's nothing wrong with being high maintenance." Rachel replied.

"There is when it comes before everything else." Puck argued. "I'm heading in. Quinn's waiting for me."

"Goodnight, Noah."