Finn Forever (Quick)

A/N: from a multichapter fic I finished but then decided to delete because I'm not tryna disrespect Cory or Finn or romanticize death in any way

-

"Beth finally crashed." Quinn noted as she returned to her bedroom where Puck was laying on her bed.

Puck nodded slowly.

"Do you need anything? Painkillers?" Quinn asked.

"I'm okay." Puck insisted.

Quinn nodded as she sat down on the bed.

"You have to go back to New Haven, you know." Puck began.

"I wanna stay here." Quinn told Puck. "I can finish my classes online."

"You hate Lima." Puck reminded Quinn. "Don't stay for me."

"Why can't I stay for you?" Quinn asked.

"Because." Puck replied. "Then you'll end up hating me, too. Besides, I don't deserve you being here."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"Finn dying can't be the reason we get back together." Puck stated.

"Who said anything about getting back together?" Quinn wondered.

Puck looked at her. "We've talked about it."

"You and I have always talked about getting back together when I finish college when we can actually be together." Quinn pointed out. "I'm not saying right now, but I wanna be around to help you through PT."

"I don't wanna be your charity case." Puck told Quinn.

"That's not what this is and you know it." Quinn argued. "Last time you visited me at Yale, you told me you loved me. Do you remember that?"

"We were being nostalgic." Puck shrugged. "And having a lot of sex."

Quinn folded her arms.

"Alright, fine. I love you." Puck said. "You know I do, but how's it gonna look if we get back together now? It's not right, Quinn. We get into a car accident and I get my family back and Finn dies? It's not right."

"If there's anything to get out of Finn dying it's that life's too short to waste time apart." Quinn pointed out. "I mean, Noah, we almost lost you, too. And I don't wanna have any regrets about us."

"You can't stay in Lima." Puck told Quinn. "Not for me."

"I'm staying for me and for Beth." Quinn said. "Because I wanna be here for your recovery and I want Beth to have you."

"Beth always has me." Puck replied. "I called, like, every day when you two were in New Haven."

"Noah, we almost lost you." Quinn repeated as tears filled her eyes. "It's bad enough what happened with Finn, but-"

"Stop." Puck cut Quinn off. "I'm not gone. I get to live the rest of my life. Fan-friggin'-tastic."

"You can't punish yourself for what happened with Finn. It's not your fault." Quinn told Puck.

"It's not?" Puck asked, tears pooling in his eyes. "Because he's the one who said we could drive home in the morning, but I said since we were ready to go, we should just go. And if I listened to him, he'd still be here."

"It's not your fault." Quinn repeated as she looked at Puck. "Finn's mom didn't think so and-"

"Finn's mom didn't know I insisted on driving home that night instead of waiting." Puck pointed out.

"She doesn't blame you and neither would Finn. You know he wouldn't." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Why the hell is he gone and I'm fine?" Puck questioned Quinn as tears rolled down his cheeks. "And that asshole who killed Finn just has a freaking scratch."

"I don't know why." Quinn said softly as she took Puck's hand. "All I know is that somehow, by some miracle, you're still here. You're gonna heal, and it's gonna get a little easier each day."

"I miss him, Quinn." Puck sniffled. "When we were driving back, we were talking about Rachel and their wedding and you and Beth, and now he's just gone. It's not supposed to be like this."

"I know."