Light Up the World (Puck/Santana)

"Puckerman, I need you."

"Uh... hard pass." Puck shook his head.

"No, not that." Santana clarified. "I need you to help me with a song."

"A duet?" Puck asked. "I don't know if that's a good idea. Lauren might not-"

"I don't wanna sing with you." Santana interrupted. "I need your help writing a song."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"I already have some lyrics written, and I know you have experience with writing lyrics and music." Santana continued.

"What are you talking about?" Puck questioned Santana.

"I know you helped Finn with the song he's been working on." Santana explained. "Plus, all those songs we made up when we were kids."

"Why would I help you?" Puck wondered.

"If you help me with my song, I can express some of my feelings, and maybe we'll get a duet at Nationals." Santana noted. "And if we win, we can end the Finn and Rachel regime and spend our senior year on top."

Puck nodded slowly.

"Plus, Quinn will come running right back to you when she sees all the attention you're getting." Santana added.

"I don't care about Quinn." Puck replied.

"Right, and I'm not in love with Brittany." Santana muttered.

Puck looked at Santana.

"Are you in or not?" Santana asked.

"Meet me in the choir room after school."

-

"You're late." Puck complained.

"I was getting coffee." Santana replied.

Puck nodded and strummed his guitar as Santana joined him on the piano bench.

"That's actually good." Santana noted after listening to Puck play.

Puck looked at her. "Yeah?"

"Play it again." Santana requested as she stood up.

Puck played the same part over and over until Santana started singing along. He continued playing, improvising as Santana kept coming up with more lyrics.

"I think we just wrote a song." Puck smiled. "From the top?"

"Yeah." Santana nodded.

-

The pair continued for a while. The first song they wrote was upbeat and fun, but it wasn't lyrically deep or emotional.

"Didn't you wanna write something for Brittany?" Puck asked, putting his guitar down and sitting back down at the piano.

"Yeah." Santana said, nervously. "But I don't know..."

"Just pretend I'm not here." Puck suggested. "The piano's playing itself."

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone about this." Santana replied as she stood up, facing Puck as she leaned on the back of the piano.

"I won't." Puck promised as he started playing the piano. "Just go whenever you're ready."

Santana nodded slowly and took a deep breath.

"Hold on." Puck said. He stopped playing the piano and looked at the door. "Did you need something, Berry?"

"How much longer are you guys gonna be here?" Rachel asked.

"We booked the choir room until five." Puck answered.

"Finn and I wanted to rehearse today." Rachel replied.

"So go to the auditorium." Puck said.

"Mercedes, Quinn, and Tina are there." Rachel told Puck.

Puck shrugged. "Santana and I are working on something. You can have the choir room tomorrow."

"Are you guys writing songs?" Finn questioned them.

"Yeah, we are." Santana nodded.

"Awesome." Finn smiled, genuinely excited. "I can't wait to hear them."

Rachel nudged Finn and gave him a look.

"Come on, Rach, you always talk about everyone needing to contribute." Finn pointed out. "Let's let them get back to work. We can rehearse tomorrow."

"Thanks, Finn."

-

"Alright, Santana, you mentioned you wrote another song?" Mr. Schue asked. "Are you ready to share it with us?"

"Yeah." Santana nodded as she got up and went to the front of the room. "And actually, it's kind of a duet I worked on."

"With?" Mr. Schue wondered.

"Puck." Santana said. "He wrote the music and we worked on the lyrics together, but basically, this song is just about having fun and lighting up the world."

Puck joined Santana at the front and grabbed his guitar. "Yeah, we started working on this acoustically, but we want it even bigger and more upbeat. Plus, there's parts for more than just us, so like for Artie, Brittany..."

"Let us know what you think."