Beth (Quicketh)

"Mom, I started to talk to Dad about this earlier, but I'm not going to college." Beth began.

Quinn looked at Puck and then looked at Beth. "I thought you said you wanted to apply to Yale."

"I did." Beth nodded slowly. "But I've been thinking about it a lot, and I don't wanna go to college. I wanna pursue singing."

"You can do that with a degree." Quinn told Beth.

"I don't want to." Beth shook her head. "I'm not as good a songwriter as Dad and I don't have albums worth of songs written in my notebook, but I wanna do it. I know I can do it."

"It's your life." Quinn said. "If this is what you want, we'll do whatever we can to support you and help you get there."

"I don't want help." Beth clarified. "I appreciate it, but I don't want people liking my music because of Dad or because of you or anyone other than me and my own talents."

"So your mom and I will be supportive." Puck nodded as he took Quinn's hand. "Hands-off support."

"Yeah, I was actually thinking about using your maiden name as a stage name, Mom." Beth added.

"No." Quinn shook her head.

"Why not?" Beth wondered.

"You're almost eighteen, and I don't want my father using that name as a reason to reach out to you." Quinn explained. "Why do you think I changed my name the second I got married?"

Beth didn't say anything.

"We didn't give you both our last names for a reason." Quinn added.

"Don't use Fabray." Puck said in agreement.

"Well, I don't wanna use Puckerman." Beth stated. "I'm proud to be a Puckerman, but it's not common and I don't want it to be the reason I achieve anything I'm working towards."

"The world already knows whose kid you are." Puck reminded Beth.

"That's not the point." Beth said. "I want my own career and my own life."

"Okay." Puck nodded. "Then do your own thing. We'll support you, no matter what happens. And you know, the last name thing can be good if you need a plan b."

"Thanks, Dad."