Uncle Jake (Jake/Quicketh)

"Nervous?" Puck asked as he and Jake stood outside of Quinn's New Haven apartment.

"Yeah." Jake confessed. "And I don't know if I'm more nervous to meet Quinn or Beth."

"They're gonna love you." Puck promised. "Besides, Quinn's not that scary."

Jake raised his eyebrow and looked at Puck as the apartment door opened.

"Hi, Noah." Quinn smiled as she greeted Puck with a kiss on the cheek. She looked at Jake. "This must be the famous little brother we've heard so much about."

"Q, this is Jake." Puck nodded. "Jake, this is Quinn."

"It's nice to finally meet you." Jake responded "Puck never shuts up about you."

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "Really?"

"Like, all good things." Jake promised, glancing at Puck.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, too." Quinn nodded, smiling slightly. "Come in and make yourselves comfortable while I check on Beth."

"Thanks." Puck nodded back, leading Jake inside as Quinn walked away. "Dude, what the hell?"

"I told you I was nervous." Jake pointed out.

"It's taken us a long time to be this cool with each other, okay? Don't fuck it up." Puck said as he and Jake sat down on the couch.

"Sorry." Jake apologized.

"Look who I found." Quinn grinned as she reappeared with Beth.

"Daddy!"

Puck grinned as he scooped up the brunette and kissed her cheeks. "Hi, Monkeyface."

Beth giggled happily.

"I missed you." Puck said. "I hope you're being good for Mommy."

"Yup." Beth smirked and nodded.

"Good. Beth, I wanted you to meet my brother." Puck said as he put Beth down. "Say hi to your Uncle Jake."

Beth looked at Jake and then looked at Quinn.

"You can give him a hug and say hi, B." Quinn encouraged Beth. "Uncle Jake is family."

Beth nodded as she hugged Jake. "Hi, Uncle Jake."

"Hi, Beth." Jake smiled. "It's nice to meet you."

"Come sit, B." Quinn said, reaching for Beth as she sat down on the recliner.

Beth climbed onto Quinn's lap and curled up with her.

"I can't believe how much she looks like you, dude." Jake muttered to Puck.

"Yeah, believe it or not, about a year ago, she was still blonde." Puck replied.

"Yeah." Quinn nodded as she played with Beth's hair. "Now she has the brown curly Puckerman hair."

"Like Sarah." Puck said.

"Yeah." Quinn responded. "She even has Noah's eyes and mischievous smirk."

Puck smirked proudly and Quinn smiled.

"So Jake." Quinn said. "Noah said you're a sophomore. Are you in any clubs or on any teams? Besides glee club."

"Clubs and teams aren't really my thing." Jake answered. "Although I might try out for the basketball team. And glee club's pretty fun."

"Yeah, from what Finn said, it could be another championship year." Quinn noted.

"I don't know about that, but maybe." Jake shrugged.

Quinn nodded.

"What about you? Any interesting college classes or activities?" Jake questioned Quinn.

"My classes are good." Quinn answered. "It's a little early, but I was asked to be in a secret sorority."

"Really? That's cool." Puck said.

"Yeah, I don't know if I have the time for it." Quinn shrugged. "Besides, I'm sure it's full of elitists like the kind of girls my dad wanted me to be."

Puck nodded slowly.

"And what about you, Noah? How's L.A.?" Quinn wondered.

"I'm actually taking a break from L.A." Puck stated. "I kind of wanted to talk to you about that."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah." Puck promised. "We can talk about it later."

"Okay."

-

Quinn woke up to Puck scooping Beth up off her lap.

"Sorry." Puck said. "I'm gonna put Beth to bed."

"Put her in my room." Quinn requested. "What time is it?"

"It's almost 10:30." Puck answered.

"10:30?" Quinn repeated. "How long was I asleep for?"

"I don't know." Puck shrugged as he glanced at Jake. "Half an hour?"

Jake nodded.

"Sorry." Quinn apologized.

Puck shook his head. "I'll be right back."

"Thanks." Quinn smiled as Puck walked away.

When Puck was gone, Quinn looked at Jake.

"I hope you don't have a bad first impression of me." Quinn stated.

"I can only imagine how difficult balancing college is with a toddler." Jake responded.

"It can be." Quinn said. "But she's the best thing in my life."

Jake smiled slightly.

"I know you and Noah are still getting to know each other, but one thing you should know about him is that despite what he's been through, family is everything to him." Quinn told Jake.

"Yeah, I can tell by the way he looks at you and Beth." Jake noted.

"He's good to us." Quinn agreed, pausing for a moment. "He said you knew about him."

"I did." Jake nodded slowly. "My mom told me my dad left us because he was married with a son. She and I didn't know all the details."

"Well, Noah seems really happy to have a brother." Quinn said. "And you're welcome to visit Beth anytime, even if Noah isn't around."

"Really?" Jake asked. "Thanks."

"She's your niece." Quinn nodded. "But if you do anything to hurt Noah, you'll regret it. I'll make sure of that."

Jake raised his eyebrow, but didn't say anything as Puck returned.

"I hope I'm not interrupting the bonding of my brother and my baby mama." Puck said. "Beth's asleep."

"One of you can take the air mattress in Beth's room and the other can take the couch." Quinn offered. "If that's okay."

"Yeah, I'll take the couch." Puck nodded.

"You wanted to talk?" Quinn asked.

"It can wait until the morning." Puck said. "Go to bed."

"Okay." Quinn responded. "Night, boys. See you in the morning."

"See you." Puck repeated as he watched Quinn disappear into her bedroom. He turned to Jake. "What do you think?"

"She's really cool." Jake noted with a grin. "And totally out of your league."

"Go to bed."