Championship Game (Quick)

"Why can't we just let them back on the team just for this game?" Sam asked.

"No." Coach Beiste said, shaking her head. "We carry this thing through even if it means having to forfeit the game."

"I can't believe this is it." Finn groaned.

"Maybe it isn't." Rachel said as she got up and stood at the front of the room. "We wanna join the team."

"We who?" Mike wondered.

"All of us Glee girls." Tina answered as she went to the front of the room with Lauren, Mercedes, Brittany, Santana, and Quinn.

"We wanna join the football team and we wanna play in the championship." Santana added, folding her arms.

"Wait, what about Cheerios?" Artie asked.

"I'm not ready to die by human cannon." Brittany said softly.

"Screw Coach Sylvester." Santana smiled, linking pinkies with Brittany.

"No way." Puck said, shaking his head.

"All our parents signed permission slips." Tina added, passing the papers to Coach Beiste and Mr. Schue.

"Quinn." Puck muttered. "Stop screwing around. It's not cool."

"What's not cool is you not respecting women enough to realize we're perfectly capable of playing football." Quinn replied. "Especially as the father of a baby girl."

"I respect women enough to not want anything to happen to my daughter's mother." Puck stated. "And I would never let Beth play football."

"Well, luckily, I got permission from my mom to do this." Quinn told Puck. "So I don't need yours."

-

"Q, can we talk?" Puck requested.

"You're not gonna talk me out of it." Quinn warned Puck. "I already gave up the Cheerios for this. Besides, I can't be the only girl in glee club who won't join the football team."

"The others don't have to worry about anyone else." Puck pointed out. "Look, if you get hurt, how am I supposed to explain that to Beth?"

"Well, then I guess it's a good thing you'll be there to protect me." Quinn said, rolling her eyes as she walked away.

"I didn't mean you need to be protected, I just..." Puck trailed off as Quinn disappeared down the hall.

-

"Are you sure about this?" Puck asked Quinn as he grabbed a helmet for her.

"Yeah." Quinn said. "We're just gonna play until your teammates jump in."

"Alright." Puck sighed. "Just be careful, okay?"

"Stop worrying about me." Quinn ordered. "You know I'll be fine. Besides, you need to focus on winning this."

"Okay." Puck nodded. "Good luck."

"You, too." Quinn smiled as she kissed Puck's cheek.

Puck smiled back as he put Quinn's helmet on her head and slapped it. "Good?"

"Yeah."

"Come on."

-

"Get the ball! Get the ball! Get the ball!" Coach Beiste screamed.

Quinn got up and picked up the ball. She started running towards the end zone of the football field, dodging the opponents as she ran.

Suddenly, Quinn was tackled by one of the other team's players.

Quinn fell to the ground, landing on her back while the referees blew their whistles.

As soon as it happened, Puck ripped off his helmet and ran over to Quinn.

"Q." Puck said as he sat down on the ground beside her. "You okay?"

"Did we win?" Quinn muttered.

"Almost, babe." Puck smiled as he carefully helped Quinn up and started walking her to the bench.

Quinn looked at Puck as she sat down on the bench.

"How do you feel?" Puck asked, handing Quinn a water bottle.

"You were right." Quinn answered as she sipped the water and smiled. "Being tackled sucks."

Puck smiled back. "You did good."

Quinn nodded as she put the water bottle down and got up. "Where's my helmet?"

"Easy." Puck said.

"I'm going back in the game." Quinn told Puck. "We can't forfeit, especially not now."

"Fine." Puck gave in. "Maybe this time just lay down and don't touch the ball?"

"Maybe."

-

"Congratulations."

Puck turned and smiled. "Thanks. We couldn't have done it without you, you know."

"You could've." Quinn insisted. "I'm just glad I didn't have to play the second half. I'm a much better cheerleader than a football player."

"Yeah." Puck agreed. "It was pretty hot though."

"Yeah?" Quinn raised her eyebrow.

"Totally." Puck nodded. "I'm proud of you. And I know Beth is, too."

"Yeah, she's here actually." Quinn said. "I was thinking maybe the three of us could spend the night together to celebrate the win."

"Yeah." Puck said. "Yeah, sure."

"Okay." Quinn smiled.

"I can meet you at your house." Puck suggested. "I have things to do."

"Don't beat up the guy who tackled me." Quinn shook her head. "I don't need you to protect me, remember?"

"I wasn't going to." Puck lied. "I was just gonna shower here and then go."

"Okay." Quinn said. "I'll see you later then."

"See you later then."