Knocked Up (Puck/Puckermans)

"Hey, Mom. How was work?" Puck asked, getting up from the couch to greet his mother at the door.

Ruth sighed. "What did you do this time, Noah?"

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"Where's your sister?" Ruth wondered, putting her purse down.

"She's at a friend's house, but they're gonna drop her off soon." Puck answered as he helped his mom with her coat. "I was kinda hoping we could talk before she gets home."

Ruth nodded as she put her coat and shoes away. "Alright, tell me what you did."

Before Puck could say anything else, the front door opened and his eight-year-old sister entered the house.

"Hi, Sarah." Ruth said. "How was school?"

"Hi, Mom. School was good." Sarah replied. "Hi, Noah."

"Go upstairs so I can talk to your brother." Ruth requested.

"Noah's in trouble again?" Sarah asked.

"No." Puck interjected. "I'm not in trouble. I have everything under control. Now go upstairs, Sarah."

"Please." Ruth added, and the young brunette walked away. When they were alone, Ruth turned to Puck.

"Maybe you should sit down." Puck suggested.

Ruth sat down and waited for an explanation from her son.

"So there's this girl." Puck began.

"Noah." Ruth muttered. "I already don't like this."

"Alright, I'll just cut to the chase." Puck decided, taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. "I got Finn's girlfriend pregnant."

Ruth didn't say anything.

"She told me today." Puck continued. "She said she was gonna talk to Finn, but she's keeping it."

Ruth still didn't say anything.

"Come on, Ma, say something." Puck requested. "Anything would be better than this silence."

"I have to say I'm not surprised." Ruth said calmly as she got up from the couch. "The only surprise is that this didn't happen sooner."

"Mom." Puck frowned as Ruth shook her head and exited the room. "Mom!"