Intoxicated (Puck/Mr Schue)

And what if we fall off the wagon again?

Puck was sitting on the curb by the 7-11. He often stood outside asking strangers to buy him beer, and luckily, someone had obliged.

Puck had made his way through the six pack of beers quickly before moving on with a bottle of whiskey that another stranger had bought him.

Puck was sitting there drinking while it rained. He was dodging calls from Finn, Santana, Quinn, everyone.

Between declining calls and scrolling through his phone, Puck somehow clicked on his glee club teacher's phone number.

"Hello?" Mr. Schue answered sleepily. "Puck?"

Puck didn't answer. He was too much of a mess to speak.

"Puck." Mr. Schue repeated. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah." Puck stuttered.

"Text me the address." Mr. Schue said. "I'll give you a ride home."

Puck hung up the phone and put it down as he chugged the whiskey. Drinking and smoking were his usual coping mechanisms, and everything was so shitty.

His daughter was gone again, he wasn't graduating with his friends, his peers thought he was a loser, his family didn't care about him.

No one did.

Puck closed his eyes as he chugged more whiskey and sat in silence.

"Puck."

Puck opened his eyes and looked up, seeing Mr. Schue standing in front of him. Suddenly, he felt like Mr. Schue was a disappointed parent - although unlike Puck's actual parents, Mr. Schue genuinely cared.

"Puck, let me take you home." Mr. Schue said.

Puck didn't say anything and he didn't move. He just took a deep breath.

Mr. Schue confiscated the whiskey bottle and the empty beer cans. "You were crying. You wanna talk about it?"

Puck shook his head. "I told you I'm fine. How'd you find me anyway?"

"Finn tracked your location." Mr. Schue answered, offering Puck his hand and a water bottle.

Puck nodded slowly, taking the water bottle and letting Mr. Schue help him up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mr. Schue asked. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Puck said, taking a deep breath and using his sleeve to wipe his face. "I'm sure you have enough to worry about, and I should get home."

"I'll drive you home." Mr. Schue told Puck. "We can talk."

"I'm soaked. I'll ruin your car." Puck noted.

"Have you seen my car?" Mr. Schue asked with a smile. "Come on."

Out of excuses, Puck sighed and got in the passenger seat. He buckled his seatbelt as Mr. Schue put the bottles and can in the trunk before getting in the car.

Mr. Schue didn't say anything as he drove to Puck's house.

"Everyone hates me." Puck blurted softly, keeping his eyes on the road.

"They don't hate you." Mr. Schue said. "Everyone's been worried about you."

"Well, they shouldn't." Puck replied.

"Your friends in the glee club, and Coach Beiste and I care about you, Puck." Mr. Schue reminded him. "A few of them talked to me about you."

"I won't be their problem anymore soon." Puck noted. "But it's okay. I'm used to everyone leaving me."

"Hang on." Mr. Schue replied as he glanced at Puck. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not graduating." Puck stated. "I'm flunking out, which is why Shelby disappeared with Beth and why Finn's going to New York with Rachel. Quinn's going to Yale and Santana's going to Kentucky and everyone else is just moving on."

"Puck, you're gonna graduate and move on, just like your friends." Mr. Schue insisted.

"I'm not graduating." Puck shook his head. "I failed that test. But I guess it's good that glee club will still have me and Britt next year."

"Go drink some water and get some sleep." Mr. Schue said as he parked in front of Puck's house. "I'm gonna help you."

"Thanks, but it's too late now. Thanks for the ride." Puck said as he got out of the car.

"Noah." Mr. Schue called.

Puck turned and saw his teacher standing beside the car.

"We'll figure this out. I promise."