Baby (Quick)

inspired by friends again

-

Quinn was sitting on the floor trying to put the crib together in Puck's apartment. She was only a few weeks from her due date, but she and Puck were scrambling to get everything ready.

Frustrated, Quinn tossed the instructions down and grabbed her phone. She stayed on the floor and dialed Sam's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sam." Quinn said.

"Hey, Quinn." Sam responded.

"Sorry to bother you." Quinn began.

"You're not bothering me." Sam promised. "What's up?"

"Are you busy?" Quinn asked. "I need help with this stupid crib."

"I'll be there in, like, ten minutes, okay?" Sam promised.

"Okay, thanks." Quinn said as she hung up the phone. She looked at the mess in front of her and sighed.

As promised, Sam arrived ten minutes later.

"It's open!" Quinn called in response to the knock on the door.

Sam walked in and looked at Quinn on the floor.

"Hey." Sam smiled as he closed the door. "I hope you're hungry. I brought some pizza."

"Thanks." Quinn replied.

"Come eat." Sam said, offering Quinn her hand. "Let me do that."

Quinn took Sam's hand and let him help her up.

"Want me to heat up the pizza before I get started?" Sam offered. "I kinda got it, like, a half hour ago so it might be cold. I was playing video games with Artie."

"No, it's okay." Quinn said, sitting down at the counter and opening the pizza box. "I like cold pizza."

"Okay." Sam muttered as he grabbed the directions and sat down on the floor. "So how are you feeling? Ready to go?"

"I'm ready." Quinn answered. "I don't know about the apartment or the damn crib, but I'm ready."

"And Puck?" Sam wondered.

"What about him?" Quinn asked, taking a bite of the cold pizza.

"Is he ready?" Sam questioned Quinn. "Hey, wait. Where is he? He should be doing this for you. Not that I mind, but-"

"Noah is out on a date." Quinn interrupted. "When we picked up the crib, he and the cashier were flirting and she met him here an hour ago and they went out."

"Puck's going out on dates when you're less than a month from your due date?" Sam raised his eyebrow.

"He asked me if it was okay." Quinn replied. "I'm supposed to say no?"

"Uh... yeah." Sam nodded. "You're pregnant with his baby. He can't keep it in his pants for a little while? I mean, the least he could do is stay home and put the crib together."

"Well, whatever." Quinn shrugged. "I appreciate your concern and I'm grateful for your help with this, but I knew who Noah was before I slept with him."

-

About an hour later, Sam had the crib completely put together. When it was done, he joined Quinn on the couch.

"Thank you, Sam." Quinn smiled. "One less thing to worry about. And God knows I wasn't getting that done on my own."

Sam smiled. "Yeah, anytime."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Quinn apologized. "Can I get you another beer?"

"No, no, I'm good." Sam promised as he looked at Quinn.

Quinn smiled at Sam and furrowed her eyebrow as the apartment door opened and Puck walked in.

"Hey, Q." Puck said, closing the door.

"Hey." Quinn repeated. "You're back early."

"Yeah, I just..." Puck shrugged and looked at Sam. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Quinn asked me to come help her with the crib." Sam answered.

"The crib?" Puck raised his eyebrow. "I thought we were doing that tomorrow."

"I wanted to get it done." Quinn said. "But I couldn't do it, so I called Sam."

Puck nodded slowly. "Well, thanks, Sam. Could you excuse us? I wanna talk to Quinn."

"Sure." Sam nodded back. He said goodbye to Quinn, hugging her before he left.

Puck looked at Quinn when they were alone. "What was that about?"

"You do realize that I'm only a few weeks away from my due date and we still have a lot to do, don't you?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"I know." Puck said. "And we're gonna get everything done before he's here, I promise. You don't have to call Sam for things I can take care of."

"You weren't here." Quinn pointed out.

"You said I could go out." Puck reminded Quinn.

"I thought you'd have the sense to stay here." Quinn muttered, taking a deep breath. "I don't want you to date anyone right now."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "What?"

"I need you, Noah." Quinn stated. "And I know it's crazy, but I need things done when I want them done. You have no idea how relieved I am now that the crib is ready, and I need everything else to be ready."

Puck went to say something, but Quinn continued.

"I don't think it's fair for me to be home alone and miserable while trying to get everything ready for our baby." Quinn added. "Especially not when I'm nine months pregnant."

"Okay." Puck nodded.

"Okay?" Quinn repeated. "Really?"

"Yeah, you're right about all of this." Puck replied. "And things have been really good since you've moved in, and I want things to stay good."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"So from now on, I'm all yours. Whatever you need, I'll take care of it whenever and however you want me to." Puck promised. "And I'll take a break from dating."

"Thank you."