Meet the Parents (Quick/Fabrays)

"Hey." Quinn said. "Remember I told you I'm having dinner with my parents and my sister tomorrow night?"

"No." Puck muttered.

"Well, I am." Quinn replied. "Actually, we are."

"By we I hope you mean you and the baby." Puck stated.

"And you." Quinn nodded. "I'm gonna tell them, and I think you should be there."

"Why?" Puck asked.

"Why?" Quinn repeated. "Because you're the father and I'm sure they're gonna wanna meet you."

"I meant why are you gonna tell them?" Puck clarified. "Besides, I don't do parents."

"You'll make an exception." Quinn insisted, kissing Puck's cheek before getting up from the couch.

-

"Quinn's got me going to some dinner with her parents." Puck told Finn. "You met them, right? Tell me how I can get them to like me."

"Why do you assume they liked me?" Finn wondered.

"Everyone likes you." Puck reminded Finn.

Finn nodded slowly in agreement.

"Dude, come on. I need your best tips." Puck said. "Quinn wants to tell them about the baby."

"Well, that's a big first impression." Finn noted.

"Which can either go really well or really horribly." Puck responded.

"Yeah." Finn smiled with amusement.

"I'm glad you think this is funny." Puck noted. "'Cause I'm kinda freaking out."

"Relax." Finn said, grabbing Puck's shoulders. "They're gonna love you."

"Really?" Puck asked.

Before Finn could answer, the apartment door opened and Quinn entered.

"Hi, boys." Quinn smiled as she closed the door behind her and put her purse down.

"Hey, Quinn." Finn smiled back.

"Hi, babe." Puck waved.

"Hi." Quinn repeated. "Is Finn helping you get dressed?"

"For what?" Puck asked.

Quinn gave Puck a look.

"I'm kidding." Puck promised as he looked at Finn.

"I'm gonna go shower and get ready." Quinn decided, excusing herself.

"I should get out of here." Finn said. "You're gonna be fine. Just be yourself."

Puck nodded slowly.

"And if that doesn't work, try to be like me." Finn added.

"I'll walk you out." Puck said.

-

"Best behavior." Quinn requested, squeezing Puck's hand as she led him into the restaurant.

"Always." Puck nodded, following Quinn through the restaurant until they found her parents.

Quinn let go of Puck's hand and greeted her mom and then her dad. "Daddy, this is my boyfriend, Noah. Noah, this is my father."

"Russell Fabray." Russell said, shaking Puck's hand. "So glad you could join us."

"Thanks for extending the invitation." Puck nodded. He then shook Judy's hand before sitting beside Quinn at the table.

"Frannie isn't joining us?" Quinn asked.

"Her husband had some work dinner party come up." Russell responded. "And Noah, as we like to say in the Fabray house, nothing comes before family, except work."

Russell and Judy laughed, and Quinn joined in, nudging Puck to do the same.

-

"Should we get the check?" Russell asked, looking at Quinn and Judy.

"Actually, before we go, I wanted to tell you something." Quinn said as she looked at Puck. She took his hand. "We wanted to tell you something."

Russell furrowed his eyebrow and looked at the young adults seated across from him.

"I'm pregnant." Quinn blurted. "Noah and I are gonna have a baby in June."

"Quinny, congratulations." Judy smiled.

"Judy." Russell scolded, and everyone looked at him. He was looking right at Puck.

"Daddy, this is a good thing." Quinn clarified.

"This is not a good thing." Russell shook his head. "You just finished school. This baby will derail your career and make you lose momentum."

"No." Quinn argued. "I'm an adult, and Noah and I are in love and-"

"Do you love my daughter?" Russell cut Quinn off as he looked at Puck.

"Of course I do." Puck answered.

"So you get your girlfriend into trouble and then what? You don't even marry her?" Russell questioned Puck.

"I asked her to marry me." Puck mumbled.

"What was that?" Russell asked.

"Noah." Quinn said. "Dad, Noah and I aren't ready to get married, okay? When we are, we will."

"You're ready to have a baby, but you're not ready to get married?" Russell wondered.

"There's a lot to figure out." Quinn shrugged. "I'm gonna be an actress and Noah's a musician, and we would have to compromise on a wedding or even have two ceremonies and-"

"Noah's not Christian either?" Russell interrupted.

"No." Quinn said, putting her hand on her belly.

Russell didn't say anything.

"Noah and I are gonna let you two take this in." Quinn decided as she stood up. "Come on, babe."

Puck got up and helped Quinn with her coat before they left together.

"Quinn." Puck said when they were out of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry." Quinn apologized. "They're kind of always like that. As you may have noticed, my mom isn't so bad on her own, but it's different when my dad's around."

"Are you ashamed of me?" Puck blurted.

"What?" Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "No. Why would you ask that?"

"Because you barely let me talk at all during dinner and then as soon as we started getting into me, you wanted to leave." Puck noted.

"I wanted to leave so they could talk about the baby." Quinn clarified. "And maybe my mom could talk some sense into my dad."

"Q, it's fine, they're your parents and you know how to deal with them." Puck pointed out. "Besides, like I said, I don't do parents."

"You're not the reason I walked away from mine tonight." Quinn said. "And I've never been ashamed of you."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"I love you." Quinn continued. "And I love our life together and our baby."

"Me, too." Puck agreed.

"And you know, if my parents don't come around, then they don't get to know their grandchild." Quinn added with a shrug. "But as long as the baby and I have you, we're gonna be okay."

"Well, good, because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."