Cigarettes (Quicketh)

"Alright, everybody in the kitchen right now." Puck called.

"What's wrong?" Quinn asked as she entered the room with Grace on her hip.

"What's wrong?" Puck repeated. "What's wrong is these kids keep taking things that don't belong to them."

Beth led the way into the kitchen with Hudson and Lucy right behind her. Max ran in alongside the kids and sat down next to Puck.

"Do any of you wanna explain to me why my cigarettes are going missing everyday?" Puck asked.

No one said anything.

"One day they disappeared, one day I saw them in the garbage..." Puck listed as he looked at the kids. "No one has an answer?"

"We want you to quit smoking, Daddy." Lucy told Puck.

"Yeah, it smells bad." Hudson added.

"I don't smoke in the house." Puck said.

"But it still smells." Lucy replied. "You smell and your clothes smell."

"I don't smoke that much." Puck responded.

"No, but they're right. The smell lingers." Quinn stated. "I've told you sometimes it's like kissing an ashtray."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"Plus, it's just gross, Noah." Quinn continued. "And it can lead to cancers and other diseases, and contrary to what you might think, but we want you around for a long, long time."

"I'm allowed to smoke." Puck said. "I gave up alcohol and pot, but my therapist said I can keep smoking."

"As long as it doesn't become extensive." Quinn reminded Puck. "If you're not gonna quit, you need to cut back."

"Fine." Puck nodded. "But nobody touches my stuff."

"Okay."

-

"Quinn." Puck called through the house. "Did you move the cigarettes I left in the foyer?"

Quinn didn't answer.

"Quinn!" Puck yelled.

Quinn still didn't answer.

Puck sighed as he walked around the house looking for his cigarettes. He paused at the kitchen window, a small cloud of smoke catching his eye.

Puck walked outside and looked at Beth. "Are you freaking kidding me?"