Baseball & Ice Cream (Finn/Puck)

"Out!"

Carole clapped for Finn and his baseball team, who had just made the third out. She watched as her son ran to the dugout with his teammates.

Finn was up at bat first. Carole watched as he stood at home plate with the bat in his hands and his eye on the pitcher.

Finn hit the ball and ran to first base.

"Safe!"

The next two players hit singles, too, advancing Finn to third base with the bases loaded.

Carole rolled her eyes as the catcher taunted the player up at bat, causing him to strike out.

The next batter went up and hit the ball. As soon as the ball was in the air, Finn started running to home plate.

"Go Finn!" Carole cheered him on from the bleachers.

Finn slid home as the catcher got possession of the ball and tagged him.

"Safe!"

"Good job, Finn!" Carole called to her son.

"What? No way!" The catcher yelled, peeling off his mask and revealing a fading black eye as Finn stood up.

"Maybe next time." Finn said with a smirk.

The catcher swung his arm back and punched Finn in the face, causing the umpire to blow the whistle.

"Puckerman!"

Carole stood up and got off of the bleachers as the other parents looked at her. The catcher's coach grabbed him by the arm and yanked him back to the dugout, forcing him to sit on the bench.

Finn's coach called a timeout and guided Finn to their dugout, giving him an ice pack for his lip, which had taken most of the force from the hit.

Carole stood at the fence, looking in at Finn.

"I'm okay, Mom." Finn insisted.

-

Finn's team ended up winning the game: eight to three. When the game ended, Carole waited for Finn to get his things and say goodbye to his teammates.

Carole watched the other team. Their coach talked to them before dismissing them, but it seemed like the boy who had punched Finn didn't have anyone there for him. He seemed like an outsider, even on his own team.

"Mom." Finn said as he walked over to her.

"Hey, good job today." Carole smiled as she took Finn's bag and put it over her shoulder. "How about some ice cream?"

"Yeah!" Finn exclaimed.

"I'll take you to get ice cream if you go invite that boy who punched you." Carole told Finn.

"Why?" Finn wondered, furrowing his eyebrow.

"Because I'm sure he needs some ice cream, too."