Our Sister (Puck/Jake)

"Thanks for the warm welcome, bro." Jake muttered sarcastically as Puck entered the house.

"Sorry." Puck apologized. "Hi."

"Hi." Jake repeated. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah." Puck nodded.

"I'm gonna grab a beer, if you wanna join me." Jake offered.

"Where's Marley?" Puck asked.

"She went to bed." Jake replied.

Puck nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Meet me outside when you're ready." Jake added before he walked away.

Puck checked on Beth quickly and then went to the backyard.

"Here you go." Jake said, handing Puck a beer.

"Thanks." Puck responded as he sipped it and sat down with Jake.

"So..." Jake began.

"So." Puck repeated. "Quinn and I are gonna take a break."

"Because of all this Ariana stuff?" Jake guessed.

"She wants to come visit this summer." Puck nodded. "And Quinn wants her to, but I don't want her around Beth. I know she's not dad, but she's too close to him for me to be comfortable with that."

Jake frowned. "You're gonna breakup with Quinn over that?"

"We're just taking a break." Puck said, sipping his beer. "Until she comes to her senses."

"Puck." Jake muttered.

"Quinn's graduating early." Puck told Jake. "Which means in six months, she won't have to see Ariana ever again anyway. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, and Beth has to come before me being with Quinn."

"Look, I don't wanna get in the middle of this-"

"So don't." Puck interrupted. "It's bad enough my mom did."

"What'd your mom say?" Jake wondered.

"She's on Quinn's side." Puck replied. "Of course. She says I'm being paranoid."

Jake tilted his head and gave Puck a look.

"I thought out of everybody, you'd understand." Puck noted. "You and I got the worst from dad."

"I understand you wanna protect Beth." Jake stated. "But honestly, I wanna meet Ariana. I was gonna talk to Quinn about it."

Puck rolled his eyes and shook his head as he chugged his drink.

"I mean, you met her, right?" Jake questioned Puck. "She's spent time with Quinn and Beth?"

"Yeah, so?" Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"So deep down you know she's not dad and she's probably harmless." Jake noted. "And you know that she's not gonna hurt Beth."

Puck took a deep breath as he finished his drink and grabbed another one.

"Dad is never gonna get to Beth." Jake said. "We're all gonna make sure of that."

"But it's not just about him getting to her." Puck clarified. "I don't want him seeing pictures of her or knowing how old she is or where we're living. It's bad enough that he knows she exists. I don't want him knowing anything else."

"But he does." Jake noted. "And now it's up to you what you wanna do."

"What I wanna do?" Puck chuckled. "No, if it was about what I wanted to do, Quinn and I wouldn't be arguing about this. She would just respect what I wanted and that would've been that."

Jake looked at Puck.

"Quinn knows everything." Puck continued as he got up. "Every single thing he's ever done to me. And my mom. So she's wrong about this."

"I'm gonna meet Ariana." Jake said again. "And I'm sorry if you're not cool with that, but she's our sister and I wanna meet her."

"Fine." Puck nodded, chugging his drink as he stood up.

"Puck, come on." Jake said. "Where are you going?"

"Bed." Puck answered.

"Come on." Jake repeated. "Don't go to bed angry."

"I'm not. Beth wakes up early and Quinn will be pissed if I'm wasted or hungover when she comes tomorrow morning."

"Puck."

"Night."