Earrings (Quicketh)

"Will you take me to get my ears pierced?" Beth requested.

"I'll talk to your mom about it." Puck nodded. "Since when do you want your ears pierced?"

"Mommy has them." Beth stated. "And Rachel. Even Quinn has them."

"Do you want earrings because of Mommy, Rachel, and Quinn? Or do you want earrings because you want them?" Puck questioned Beth.

"You have earrings, too." Beth added.

"So?" Puck asked.

"I want them." Beth said. "Will you take me?"

"Yeah, I'll talk to Quinn when we get home and then we'll call your mom, okay?" Puck responded.

"Okay." Beth nodded.

-

The following day, Quinn and Puck took Beth to a tattoo parlor to get her ears pierced.

They met with the piercer, and Puck signed the paperwork while Quinn helped Beth pick out jewelry.

"Okay, looks like we're all set." The piercer, Matt, stated as he looked at Beth. "You can have a seat up here while I clean everything and get ready to go."

Puck helped Beth into the chair and held her hand.

"Is it gonna hurt?" Beth asked.

"Just a pinch." Puck told her.

"You'll be fine." Quinn promised.

"Ready?" Matt asked Beth.

Beth shook her head. "I don't wanna do it."

"Beth, you're gonna be fine. We're right here." Puck said as he squeezed Beth's hands.

"Uh uh." Beth said as she got up. "I don't wanna."

"I'll show you, B. Watch." Quinn said as she took Beth's place in the chair. She looked at the piercer. "I'll go first."

"You want a second hole on each?" Matt asked.

Quinn nodded, and Matt marked her ears as Beth climbed onto Puck's lap.

"Alright, ready?" Matt asked after Quinn approved the marks.

"Yeah." Quinn said.

"Deep breath." Matt said.

Quinn took a deep breath as the needle went through her ear.

"See, Beth?" Puck asked. "Look."

"And the second one." Matt said as he pierced Quinn's other ear.

"All done." Quinn told Beth as she got up. "Your turn. We'll hold your hands."

"You can do it, Beth." Puck added. "You wanna go?"

"Okay." Beth said, and Puck put her in the chair again. "But I'll be strong by myself like Quinn."