Jake (Quinn)

"Hey, Jake." Quinn smiled as she let Jake into the apartment.

"Hey." Jake said. "Thanks for letting me come over."

"Of course." Quinn nodded. "Beth! Uncle Jake is here!"

Beth entered the room, grinning at her uncle as she hurried to greet him.

"Hi, Beth." Jake smiled as he scooped her up and kissed her cheek. "Since it's raining, we're gonna have a movie day with Mommy here."

"And Daddy?" Beth asked.

"Daddy's working, B. You know that." Quinn reminded her.

"Why don't you go pick a movie and I'll make popcorn?" Jake suggested, putting Beth down.

"Okay." Beth nodded as she went running off.

"So how are you?" Jake wondered.

"I'm okay." Quinn answered. "I took Beth to watch Noah perform last week. I'm so proud of him."

"Yeah, he said you brought her." Jake said. "I think it's cool that you guys still get along even though you're not together anymore."

"We're doing our best." Quinn replied. "It helps when you have a clean breakup."

"Yeah, Puck said it was mutual." Jake stated.

"We both decided that we needed time to focus on our careers." Quinn told Jake. "We were sacrificing too many opportunities for each other, and I can't speak for Noah, but I'll always love him."

Jake smiled as Beth returned.

-

Quinn smiled as she walked over to the bar, taking a seat and looking at the guy next to her. "Hey, stranger."

"Hey, Quinn." Jake smiled back. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you." Quinn noted. "It's my night off."

"Then we should celebrate." Jake stated as he ordered Quinn a drink.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" Quinn asked.

"Looking for my soulmate." Jake muttered as the bartender put the drinks down in front of the pair. "Cheers."

"Cheers." Quinn said. "And thanks for the drink."

Jake nodded.

"So..." Quinn muttered, sipping her drink as she looked around the bar. "Do you think she's here?"

"Who?" Jake wondered.

"Your soulmate." Quinn replied.

"Maybe." Jake shrugged, looking around the bar.

The pair sat in silence, sipping their drinks while they studied the other patrons in the bar. They each had another drink before they moved onto shots.

"Jake." Quinn said, nudging him. "I love this song! Come dance with me."

"Okay." Jake nodded as he got up. He offered Quinn his hand and led her to the dance floor.

-

"Thanks for walking me home." Quinn said as Jake walked her into her apartment."And I'm sorry if I went a little overboard."

"No, it was fun." Jake insisted, helping Quinn to the couch and sitting down beside her. "We should do it again sometime."

"Yeah." Quinn agreed. "Besides, you're a much better dancer than your brother."

"Aww, come on. He's not so bad." Jake replied.

Quinn looked at Jake.

Jake laughed lightly.

"I really did have fun tonight." Quinn said.

"Yeah, me too." Jake agreed. "Thanks for joining me. And for keeping up on the dance floor."

"Thanks for the drinks." Quinn added.

Jake nodded slowly and looked at Quinn.

Quinn looked at Jake and slowly leaned in to kiss him.

-

When Quinn woke up in the morning, she had two missed calls from Puck. Her head was pounding as last night's events replayed in her mind.

Suddenly, Quinn shot up in bed as she dialed Jake's number.

"Quinn?" Jake mumbled.

"You sound as shitty as I feel." Quinn replied.

"Well, we drank a lot." Jake said.

"Right." Quinn agreed. "Which brings me to what I wanted to talk about."

"What?" Jake wondered.

"We kissed last night." Quinn reminded Jake. "Didn't we?"

"Yeah." Jake answered. "Yeah, I think we did."

"I like hanging out with you, Jake, but I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you." Quinn apologized.

"It was a mistake." Jake said. "We were drinking and just having fun."

"Exactly." Quinn responded as someone knocked on her apartment door.

"If you tell Puck, just warn me, okay?" Jake requested. "He can kick my ass when I'm not hungover."

"Okay." Quinn said, getting up to answer the door. "I have to go."

Quinn opened the apartment door and looked at Puck.

"Hey." Puck said. "I tried calling you a few times and you didn't answer so I figured I'd check on you."

"Yeah, I just woke up." Quinn answered. "Where's Beth?"

"You just woke up?" Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "It's almost noon and you told me you would come over for Beth at, like, ten."

"Where's Beth?" Quinn repeated.

"She's with Santana." Puck replied. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine." Quinn nodded. "I was out late."

Puck nodded back. "I could've brought her later. Just let me know next time."

"Okay." Quinn said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it." Puck responded. "I'm glad you're okay. I'll leave you to it."

"Noah." Quinn muttered. "Can you stay? I wanna talk to you about something that happened last night."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"Let's sit down." Quinn decided, taking Puck's hand and leading him to the couch.

The pair sat down together. Quinn was nervous and Puck was waiting for her to talk.

"Is everything okay?" Puck asked.

"Yeah." Quinn said. "I'm fine, but..."

"But?" Puck wondered.

Quinn bit her lip.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me." Puck told Quinn, gently squeezing her hand.

"I kissed Jake last night." Quinn blurted.

"Jake?" Puck repeated. "My brother Jake?"

"Yeah." Quinn muttered sheepishly. "We were both definitely over-served and when he walked me home, I kissed him."

"You guys have been hanging out a lot lately, huh?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Yeah, because he's your little brother." Quinn noted.

"We agreed we could and should see other people." Puck reminded Quinn.

"Yeah, but not Jake." Quinn said. "It's not like that."

Puck nodded slowly.

"I barely even remember it and it didn't mean anything." Quinn stated. "Besides, it made me realize that the only Puckerman I want is you. And Beth."

"I want you, too." Puck told Quinn as he cupped her cheek. "Come here."

Quinn smiled as she wrapped her arms around Puck's neck and kissed him.