Championship Game (Quicketh)

"Daddy, was the football team at your school good?" Six-year-old Beth asked as she looked at the old high school yearbooks and photos with her parents.

"It depends on the year." Puck replied.

"Tell her about the big championship game junior year." Quinn said.

"Okay." Puck nodded. "You know, even at the time, I always said we were gonna tell our children about that game."

"Tell me!" Beth requested with a smile. "Please."

"Alright." Puck began. "Well, that week in glee club, Coach Beiste and Mr. Schue decided to combine the glee club with the football team."

Beth nodded as she listened closely to her dad.

"It was a bad idea." Puck continued.

"Why?" Beth wondered.

"Well, we didn't all get along and some of us fought." Puck explained. "But anyways, the Cheerios had their Nationals competition the same day as the big game, so the glee club had to join forces with the football team to do our own halftime show."

"Did you go to the game, Mommy?" Beth asked.

"Yeah, the Cheerios in glee club got to choose. At first, I planned to go to Nationals, but Finn stopped me." Quinn added. "I went back to the game with him and Tana and Britt, and we all did a halftime mashup of Thriller and Heads Will Roll."

"It was actually really good." Puck said. "And you were at that game, B."

"I was?" Beth asked.

Quinn and Puck nodded.

"Bubbe was working and Grandma wasn't around, so Carole was babysitting." Puck explained. "She asked us if it was okay for her to take you to the game, and she bundled you up and brought you."

"Did you win?" Beth questioned Puck.

"We did." Puck smiled.

"Your dad scored the winning touchdown and then pointed at you in the stands." Quinn reminisced.

Beth grinned as she looked at Puck and Quinn. "I'm proud of you, Daddy. And Mommy."