Hudson (Quicketh + fam)

"Hey, guys. How was school?" Quinn asked as the kids entered the house and walked past her.

"Good."

"Hey, buddy." Puck said, passing Hudson on the stairs. "Hey, wait a sec."

Puck gently grabbed Hudson's arm and looked at him.

"What's with the shiner?"

"Sports injury." Hudson lied.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow as he let go of Hudson and continued downstairs. "I'll talk to him, Q."

Puck walked into the kitchen, where he found Lucy, who was getting an ice pack. He cleared his throat.

"My hand is useless if I don't ice my knuckles." Lucy stated, closing the freezer and turning around. She frowned when she saw Puck. "Crap, I thought you were Hudson."

"What'd you do to your hand?" Puck wondered.

"Nothing." Lucy lied.

"Did you punch your brother?" Puck asked.

"What? No." Lucy said.

"Then why does he have a black eye and why do you have bruised knuckles?" Puck questioned Lucy.

"I didn't punch Hudson." Lucy stated. "If you wanna know what happened to his eye, you have to ask him."

"I'm asking you." Puck noted.

"Ask him." Lucy said, shaking her head as she left the room.

Puck walked out of the room, calling after Lucy.

"What's going on?" Quinn wondered.

"Hudson has a black eye and I think Lulu punched him." Puck stated.

"What?!" Quinn exclaimed.

Puck shrugged. "I'm gonna go talk to them."

"I'm coming, too." Quinn decided.

-

Puck rounded the kids up in Hudson's room, and he and Quinn looked at them.

"Which one of you wants to tell us what happened?" Puck asked.

Lucy looked at Hudson.

"It's nothing." Hudson swore. "I'm fine."

"Hudson." Quinn said softly. "You can tell us anything."

"I'm fine." Hudson repeated.

"Well, since he's fine, I'm gonna go-"

"Sit down, Lucy." Puck interrupted. "We just wanna know what happened."

"Nothing." Hudson replied.

"Lulu, did you hit your brother?" Quinn wondered.

"No." Lucy shook her head. "I hit some assholes at school."

"Some assholes?" Puck asked.

"They were bothering Hudson." Lucy said. "So I told them to fuck off, and they laughed at me so I beat them up."

Quinn looked at her son. "Hudson?"

Hudson nodded slowly.

"By the way, I'm suspended for the rest of the week." Lucy added with a grin.

"You did the right thing." Puck noted. "But the two of you should've talked to us about it."

"The right thing?" Quinn raised her eyebrow at Puck. "Noah, they can't beat people up."

"They can when it's self-defense." Puck stated. "Lulu, can you excuse us? I wanna talk to your brother alone."

Lucy hesitated and looked at Hudson.

"Don't worry, no one's in trouble." Puck added. "Just give us a sec."

"Okay." Lucy nodded slowly before leaving the room.

"Q, you, too?" Puck requested.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "What?"

"Give me a sec to talk to Hudson." Puck said. "A little guy talk. One on one."

"Okay." Quinn said with a sigh as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

"I know you don't wanna talk about this, but we're gonna." Puck began. "But most importantly, I wanna make sure you're okay."

"I said I'm fine." Hudson replied.

"And your mother and sister might've believed that, but I know better." Puck stated. "I've been beat up plenty of times."

Hudson didn't say anything.

"I didn't know you were having problems at school." Puck stated. "Why didn't you tell me or Mom?"

"Because I didn't want anyone fighting my battles for me." Hudson answered. "It's bad enough I'm already a target, and having my little sister fight for me doesn't help. She should've stayed out of it."

"You're not a fighter." Puck pointed out. "You never have been."

"She still should've stayed out of it." Hudson said again.

Puck nodded slowly.

"What do I do now?" Hudson asked.

"You're a good kid." Puck reminded Hudson. "And I know sometimes things aren't easy for you, but don't change who you are because of that."

Hudson bit his lip.

"You asked what you do now." Puck noted. "And you have a few options: you can either go back to school like nothing happened, or we can look into having you transferred or homeschooled."

"Really?" Hudson asked.

"I don't want you to run away from your life because some losers are making it miserable." Puck clarified. "High school is temporary, but your mom and I can get you a tutor at home so you can be homeschooled, if that's what you want."

Hudson nodded slowly.

"Think about it." Puck said. "And let me know what you decide, okay? We can talk to your mother about it."

"Okay." Hudson replied. "Thanks, Dad."

"I love you, buddy. Everything's gonna be okay."