After Graduation (Quicketh)

"What the hell is going on?" Puck asked as he walked into the Fabray dining room with Beth on his hip and saw Quinn's mom was seated with his mom and Sarah.

"Have a seat, Noah." Ruth told her son.

"Is this an intervention or something?" Puck wondered as he sat down beside Quinn, holding Beth on his lap.

"No." Judy shook her head. "This is a conversation that we've all been putting off for far too long."

Puck raised his eyebrow.

"Sarah, can you take Beth inside and let us talk?" Ruth requested.

Sarah nodded and got up. She picked up her niece and left the room.

"Graduation." Judy clarified when the four adults were alone.

"Right, well, I'm not graduating so I'll be here another year." Puck stated.

"You're graduating." Quinn swore as she looked at Judy and Ruth. "We're working on it."

"Okay, so you're graduating." Judy noted. "And what's the plan for next year?"

Quinn and Puck looked at each other.

"I've wanted to go to L.A. after graduation for a while." Puck began. "But that was before Quinn and Beth."

"And I'll be in New Haven." Quinn said. "Mrs. Puckerman, I don't know if Noah told you, but I was accepted to Yale."

"He told me." Ruth nodded. "We're all really proud of you."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled as she took Puck's hand.

"Judy and I have been talking." Ruth began. "The two of you should go off and do your own separate things in New Haven and L.A."

"Well, I'm going wherever the girls are." Puck replied.

"Wait, I don't understand." Quinn said. "You don't want the three of us to be together?"

"Quinny." Judy sighed.

"You watched your husbands treat your kids poorly and you want our family to split up?" Quinn questioned Judy and Ruth.

"Ruth and I were thinking that Beth could stay in Lima." Judy stated. "With me."

"No." Quinn shook her head.

"Why not?" Judy asked.

"Why not?" Quinn repeated. "Because she's our daughter. Mine and Noah's."

"Sweetie, you can't expect to keep up with school and raise a baby on your own." Judy noted.

"She's not on her own." Puck replied. "I can take care of Beth while she's in class."

"College is more than just going to class, Noah." Ruth pointed out. "It's study groups and all-nighters and office hours. You need to be able to have a future, too. You can't just be a babysitter."

"I'm not a babysitter, I'm her father." Puck reminded Ruth. "And it's not fair for Quinn to have to worry or have to change her plans because of me or Beth."

"Which is why Quinny should go to New Haven and Noah, you should go to L.A." Judy said. "Beth will stay here with me, and you can visit her on breaks."

"What about my mom and Sarah?" Puck wondered.

"Beth will spend days with them, too." Judy promised.

Puck bit his lip and looked at Quinn.

"You're not seriously considering this, are you?" Quinn asked.

"I don't wanna leave her, but I don't wanna ruin your plans either." Puck said. "And even if you go to New Haven and I go to L.A., it wouldn't be fair to fly her back and forth all the time."

Quinn sighed as she looked at her mom. "You want us to leave our daughter and just go away? How is she ever gonna understand that?"

"You're not leaving her." Judy pointed out. "She'll be with family and you'll visit all the time."

"We'll bring her to visit you, too." Ruth added with a nod. "And the three of you will be together for the summers."

"I can't even think about this right now." Quinn shook her head as she got up.

"Quinn." Puck said softly.

"You need to go study." Quinn hissed. "And I wanna be with my daughter."