Quinn's Dad (Quick)

"Noah." Quinn said softly as she walked into the living room. "That was my mom. My dad's in the hospital."

"Your dad?" Puck repeated as he got up to comfort Quinn.

"My mom said he's been sick for a while, but only my sister knew until now." Quinn replied. "Apparently, it's really bad."

Puck nodded slowly. "Are you okay?"

"He's in Chicago." Quinn stated. "I'm gonna go see him."

"After what he did to you?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"He asked to see me." Quinn nodded.

"Quinn." Puck said softly.

"I know what he did to me." Quinn snapped. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I know you don't understand-"

"The hell I understand it." Puck responded. "He disowned you, and now he feels guilty and he's using this as a reason to see you."

"You don't have to understand this." Quinn said. "But this is about me, and I need you to come with me."

"I'll come with you." Puck nodded. "But the kids aren't coming."

"Okay."

-

When Quinn and Puck walked into the hospital a few days later, they signed in and headed to Quinn's dad's room.

Quinn paused outside the door and took a deep breath.

"Whenever you wanna leave, we leave." Puck told Quinn.

Quinn nodded. She lightly knocked on the door and chewed on her lip while she waited.

The door opened, and Quinn's mom stood there. "Quinny."

"Hi, Mom." Quinn said as she greeted Judy.

Judy greeted Puck and looked at him and Quinn. "Your sister just went to get him something to eat. Come in."

Quinn nodded slowly as she walked into the room, reaching back for Puck's hand. She walked over to the hospital bed and looked at her father. He looked much older. He looked weak and sick and different.

"Quinny?" Russell muttered as he looked at Quinn.

"I'm here." Quinn nodded.

"I'm gonna go check on Frannie." Judy decided, excusing herself.

"It's good to see you." Russell said weakly.

Puck cleared his throat.

"I forgot you two have never really met." Quinn noted. "Dad, this is my husband, Noah. Noah, this is my father, Russell."

"It's nice to meet you." Russell replied, looking at Puck.

Puck nodded slowly.

"Thank you for coming." Russell continued as he turned to Quinn. "I never apologized to you."

"I don't need an apology." Quinn said. "I didn't come here to get one. I don't want or need anything from you."

Russell didn't say anything.

"I came here because despite what you did to me, I still have an incredible life with a great career, amazing kids, an incredible husband, and everything I could ever want." Quinn explained. "And I wanted you to look me in the eye and know that you have absolutely nothing to do with how I turned out."

Quinn took Puck's hand and led him out of the room. She ran into Judy, Frannie, and her husband and twins.

"Noah and I are leaving." Quinn told Judy.

"Call me when you land." Judy requested as she said goodbye to Quinn and Puck.

Quinn nodded as she and Puck walked away.

"You okay, babe?" Puck asked Quinn when they were on the way to the airport.

"I'm okay." Quinn promised. "Thanks for coming with me."

"I'm proud of you." Puck told Quinn.