We Could Be a Family (Quinn/Puck/Finn)

"I can get us a house. Some stuff. Furniture. We could be a family." Puck offered, looking at Quinn.

"What about Finn?" Quinn wondered.

"We can tell him together." Puck replied.

"You don't want that. You like having no responsibilities." Quinn noted.

"I did, but my family comes first." Puck promised.

"What about Finn?" Quinn asked again. "He'll kill you."

"He'll be mad at first, but once he realizes he doesn't have to deal with all of this anymore, he'll bake me a damn cake." Puck stated.

"You stole from the cupcake fund." Quinn noted.

"No I didn't." Puck insisted.

Quinn raised her eyebrow.

"Fine, I did." Puck said. "But I made all those cupcakes."

Quinn took a deep breath and bit her lip.

"It's all up to you. Whatever you decide." Puck added as he walked away.

-

"Puck's here!" Carole called to Finn. She looked at Puck. "You can wait with Quinn while I go get him."

"Thanks, Mrs. H." Puck smiled slightly.

When Finn's mom was gone, Puck looked at Quinn.

"We can't do this now." Puck shook his head. "Not while Carole's here."

"I can't lie anymore." Quinn replied. "It's not fair to Finn. And it's not fair to you."

"Are you sure?" Puck asked. "'Cause I wanna be a part of this, and I know I can be, but you need to do what's best for you and the baby, even if that means-"

"I have to." Quinn cut Puck off. "Just don't do anything that'll make me regret this, okay?"

"Okay." Puck nodded as Finn returned.

"Hey, Puck." Finn said, furrowing his eyebrow. "What's going on?"

"We need to talk to you about something." Quinn began nervously.

Finn looked at Quinn and Puck. "What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

Quinn nodded slowly as tears filled her eyes. "From now on, I'm gonna do all of this with Puck."

"With Puck?" Finn repeated. "What are you talking about?"

"Puck is the father." Quinn cried. "I'm sorry."

"What?" Finn asked. "H-How? When?"

"When you and I had that fight when school started." Quinn answered, still sobbing. "I invited him over."

Finn didn't say anything. He turned to Puck and suddenly lunged at him, punching him and knocking him to the ground.

"Finn!" Quinn screamed as she continued crying while she watched the boys fight, unable to do anything to stop them. "Stop it! Please!"

"What's going on?" Carole asked as she entered the living room a few minutes later. "Boys!"

When Puck was overpowering Finn, he got up and stood beside Quinn.

Carole helped Finn up and looked at him. Both boys were bleeding.

"You're both hurt." Carole noted, looking at Finn's bloody nose and Puck's already-bruising eye.

Finn went to lunge at Puck again, but Quinn stepped in front of him.

Finn looked at Quinn.

"I'm so sorry." Quinn cried.

"I'm done with both of you." Finn hissed. "You need to be out of here by the time I get back."

Finn stormed out of the house and slammed the door shut behind him, leaving Quinn and Puck alone with his mom.

"What just happened?" Carole wondered.

"I'm sorry." Quinn whispered as she wiped her eyes and walked away.

"Let me take a look at that eye." Carole said, looking at Puck.

"I'm fine." Puck promised, pulling away. "I'm gonna help Quinn with her things so we can get out of here."

Carole's facial expressions shifted with the situation clicking in her mind. She nodded, and Puck could tell she was hurt and upset, but maybe somewhat relieved. "Yeah, I think that's best."

Carole left the room, leaving Quinn and Puck alone.

"I'll get your stuff and we'll get out of here."