Loser (Finchel)

"Finn! Good news!" Rachel exclaimed, greeting Finn with a kiss as she entered their apartment.

"What's the big news?" Finn wondered.

"Funny Girl is nominated for a Tony!" Rachel announced. "And I'm nominated for a Tony!"

"Rach, that's really great. Congratulations." Finn smiled.

"I have to go call Kurt!" Rachel squealed as she ran off.

Finn sighed as his phone went off. He glanced at the screen and saw it was Puck.

"Hey, man." Finn answered the call.

"Hey." Puck replied. "Congrats."

"On what?" Finn wondered.

"Being married to a Tony-nominated actress." Puck stated. "This is huge. This is Rachel's first role on Broadway, and she's not even twenty yet."

"Yeah." Finn replied. "Yeah, it's cool."

"Cool?" Puck repeated. "Even if she doesn't win, imagine all the opportunities she's gonna have."

"I'm sure I'll hear about every single one." Finn muttered.

"Okay, why am I more excited about this than you?" Puck questioned Finn. "I mean, Quinn had to explain it to me, but once I-"

"I'm happy for her." Finn cut Puck off. "I'm just kinda bummed out."

"Why?" Puck asked.

"Because look at her." Finn said. "She's getting everything she's ever wanted, as usual, and I have nothing. I don't even know what I'm doing."

"I told you to come to L.A." Puck reminded Finn. "If you wanna be a film actor, you gotta come to L.A."

"Rachel wanted to come to New York." Finn stated. "It wasn't really up for discussion."

"And I told you to stop compromising your life and your dreams for her." Puck said. "But you guys are married now and you have to be supportive."

"I'm sick of being supportive when it's turning me into a loser." Finn told Puck. "And then what? She's gonna leave me and then all of this is a waste anyway."

"She's not gonna leave you, Finn." Puck promised. "And there are gonna be moments where the focus is on you, but right now, it's Rachel's turn."

"It's always Rachel's turn." Finn mumbled.

"I know it seems like that now, but things will change. And when your acting career takes off, you'll feel better." Puck insisted.

"I doubt Rachel will though." Finn responded. "She's always loved being better than me."

"Is that really what you think of me, Finn?"