Jailbird (Pucketh)

Quinn nudged Puck as his phone went off.

"Babe."

"Sorry." Puck apologized as he climbed out of bed. "I have to take this. Go back to bed."

Puck climbed out of bed and walked downstairs as he answered the call.

"Hey, Dad." Beth said.

"Hey." Puck replied. "It's late, B. What's going on?"

"I need you to come pick me up." Beth told Puck.

"Okay." Puck responded. "Where are you?"

"If I tell you, do you promise not to get mad at me?" Beth asked.

"B, it's me." Puck stated. "You can tell me anything. I won't get mad."

"Okay." Beth sighed. "I got arrested."

"Arrested?" Puck repeated. "Beth, are you..."

Puck trailed off, trying to keep calm and not get angry.

"I'm sorry." Beth apologized.

"Are you okay?" Puck asked with a sigh. "What happened?"

"Can we talk when you get here?" Beth requested.

"Yeah, I'm on my way. Sit tight." Puck said. "And Beth, I love you."

"I love you, too, Dad."

Puck hung up the phone and grabbed his keys before leaving the house.

When he got to the jailhouse, he headed inside.

Puck filled out the paperwork, paid Beth's bail, and spoke to the officers before they released Beth to him.

"Dad." Beth said softly as she hugged Puck.

"You're okay." Puck promised, rubbing Beth's back. "I got you."

"She's a minor and this is her first offense, so she'll probably just get community service hours."

"Thank you." Puck nodded as he and Beth parted. He put his arm around Beth. "Let's get you home."

Beth nodded, and she and Puck headed out to the car.

They got in the car, but Puck didn't start driving. He took a deep breath as he looked at Beth.

"I promised I wouldn't get mad, but what the hell were you thinking?" Puck asked Beth.

"I'm sorry." Beth apologized.

"This was that boyfriend, wasn't it?" Puck guessed. "I told you already, B, I don't like him. He's not good for you."

"Not good for me? You barely know him." Beth argued.

"That's not the point right now. The point is, you got yourself arrested." Puck noted. "You're supposed to be planning your future, and instead you're getting yourself locked up."

"Better than getting knocked up." Beth mumbled.

Puck looked at Beth and raised his eyebrow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." Beth said as she wiped her tears and looked at Puck. "I called you because I made a mistake, and I thought you would understand that."

"I do understand it. And now I understand why my mom was always screaming at me." Puck said. He looked at Beth and sighed. "I'm glad you're okay, B, but this isn't you."

"I'm not perfect." Beth responded.

"Not perfect." Puck repeated. "But smarter than I ever was. And with better judgment. I'm supposed to be going on tour in a few weeks, and I can't do my job if you don't do yours."

Beth bit her lip.

"I'm glad you're okay." Puck said again. "And I expect you to tell your mother in the morning, but for now, let's just get you home and to bed."

"Thanks, Dad."