Big Sister (Quicketh)

"Babe, we need to talk about Beth." Puck said. "When I dropped her off at school, she asked me if you're gonna die and be with Finn."

"She said that?" Quinn asked.

Puck nodded. "I told her Mommy's fine, just a little sick, but I think we need to tell her what's going on."

"I love Beth, but she's a Puckerman." Quinn said. "Telling her something is like telling the entire world."

"Quinn, she thinks you're dying." Puck replied. "We can't let her think that."

"I don't want anyone else knowing about the baby yet." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Let's just talk to her." Puck decided. "We'll make sure she understands that this is a secret and she needs to keep it to herself."

Quinn bit her lip.

"We'll just talk to her."

-

"Beth, Mommy and I wanna talk to you." Puck said.

"Am I in trouble?" Beth asked.

"Told you she's a Puckerman." Quinn said, shaking her head.

"You're not in trouble." Puck promised. "Come here."

Beth joined Quinn on the couch, and Puck sat down on the edge of the table facing the girls.

"Do you remember when you asked me why Mommy is so sick?" Puck began.

Beth nodded.

"Your mother isn't gonna die." Puck promised. "She's just sick, but she's not gonna go be with Finn yet. I don't want you to worry about that."

"Then why is she so sick?" Beth asked.

"Before we tell you, we need you to promise you won't tell anyone at school or your grandmothers or aunts and uncles." Puck continued. "Can you do that?"

"I promise." Beth said.

"I mean it, B." Puck told her. "You can talk about it with me or your mom and ask us questions, but if you tell anybody else, you're gonna be in trouble. Understood?"

"Yes." Beth nodded. "Tell me, Daddy."

"The reason your mother has been so sick these past few weeks is because there's a baby in her belly." Puck informed Beth.

"You're gonna be a big sister." Quinn added.

"Really?" Beth asked.

"Yes." Puck chuckled. "Are you happy about that?"

"Yeah." Beth nodded. "But how did the baby get in Mommy's belly?"

Puck looked at Quinn. "Yeah, maybe you were right and we shouldn't have told her."

Quinn smirked and shook her head.