Soukoku - Fun

This wasn't fun. Nothing about this was fun. Nobody had fun. It was pure silence. You put the 'fun' in funeral, my ass! The small male was so angry he couldn't really breathe.

His chest felt tight. In front of him the dark wood closing that what was lost. The talk was muffled. People seemed surprised or sad. The whole atmosphere was heavy, weighting down any good mood.

He should be in a good mood. He should party. Be happy. But there was this feeling his chest. His throat felt dry. His eyes itched. He just felt so angry. Not sad of course, he wouldn't feel sad for that waste of bandages.

The news hit the detective agency hard. All of them were dressed in full dark clothes. Their boss even showed a bit of sadness of his usually nonchalant face. The tiger boy was bawling the whole time. He tried to be not to loud but it was heartbreaking to look at. Their doctor didn't show much emotions. It was as if she wasn't present. As if she was in her own world of sadness. Kunikda was also crying while at times getting angry at his stupid suicidal coworker. He finally did it. The rest of them was also sad and depressed. Except for the detective. That idiot probably didn't care.

He did it. The mafia guests thought so too. Akutagawa was devasted. The one he wanted to be recognized by was gone now. Forever. Koyo seemed to be a bit sad at least. She always had a little hate towards Dazai since according her he was "trying to fuck her son". However Chuuya wouldn't let him do that. Never. It was not like he liked that waste of bandages! It was not like it would matter anymore...

Chuuya moved towards the agency. He couldn't help Akutagawa so he could at least fix some of the problems that good for nothing left behind. The other partner he left behind: Kunikida. He patted the blonde man on the shoulder – he had to stand on his tiptoes for that and he still couldn't reach it completely. What did they feed this tree?!

"Seems like some dreams do come true, huh?". Weird. Chuuya felt like his voice almost cracked. However it did not. Why would it? Probably just because of the atmosphere.

"That idiot! I told him to take things seriously!", Kunikida wiped away a tear. He may have hated Dazais attitude towards work but he still was a cinnamon roll inside that wouldn't wish death to just anyone. Maybe to the rat but not without a reason.

"As if!", Chuuya laughed out loud. While he did that his voice did crack. Hs chest felt even tighter that before.

That waste of bandages never took anything serious. He always ignored Chuuya when the smaller man wanted him to tell him the plan. He always ignored Chuuya telling him to stop those stupid suicides on missions. He always ignored Chuuya when he asked him why he still annoyed the small hat lover.

It was annoying. It was frustrating. Why did that waste of bandages never stop? It would have been so easy to just part ways! It would have been so easy to never see that bastard again! The one who dragged him away from his first (toxic) family. Who dragged him into the mafia. He forced him to stay, forced him to tell his deepest secret.

The mafia executive could feel his chest tightening more. The thought that Dazai would never prank him again hurt. The fact that Dazai would never mock him again hurt. The fact that this person was gone now and gone forever was so surreal. So surreal even though his former colleague always dreamed about this fate.

There was no fun in Dazais funeral. There was no happiness, no laughter. No one even though many said they would party if he died. There was no champagne like Dazai promised and there was no rule for ridiculous suits. The waste of bandages predictions were wrong. There was no fun in any funeral. Not even if it was your enemy.

"It must be worse for you", the blonde detective looked down onto the small mafia executive.

"Why?", Chuuya laughed. He didn't know why it should be. His voice cracked a little.

"Since he was... he was your colleague. He once told me that he was the reason that you got into the mafia, right? He told me as if it was great dragging someone into this kind of life!", the tall man started to rant.

"..it was better than before". These words even shocked the small red haired male himself. He admitted it. Admitted the truth. Dazai did destroy his family. Ignored his will. But they were worse. They used him like a tool. And while he obviously believed and looked up to them like a family they just used him. Used him to kill. Made him into the most deadly weapon. At least now he could decide whose weapon he was.

His chest felt so tight, he couldn't really breath. He was shaking. His hands formed a fist so tight that it might also cause him to bleed. He despised that waste of bandages. Despised him for always mocking him. Despised him for always ignoring his will. Despised him for leaving him behind.

With Dazai you could always laugh. He would find others to mock and to prank. He would fill Elise pastries with mustard. He would put pot into Hirotsus cigarettes. He would hide Angos glasses so that said one tried to look for them like a mole. The two of them were the trouble duo. Always laughing.

With Dazai he didn't have to feel scared about himself. About that thing inside him. About his own powers. He knew that someone would always be with him. That someone could stop him without getting killed. That someone could kill him before he killed his own family.

Knowing Dazai was like a rollercoaster. One time you laugh and have the best time of your life and then the next time you are extremely angry only to get creeped out about his psychopath behavior. As much as it was terrifying it was also addicting.

Kunikida looked at the small broken executive. Out of all the people he looked like he was hit the most. Of course Atsushi was the most expressive of them all but there was just a difference between Chuuya and the others mourning. It was as if the executive didn't realize it himself. As if he couldn't feel the blood dropping from his fests clenching too hard. As if he couldn't hear his irregular fast breathing. As if he could see perfectly through his watery eyes. As if he didn't realize his voice cracking now and then even though his words should comfort others.

The small executive was broken. He didn't realize it himself but the whole mafia looked at him with worry in their eyes. He was pale. It was as if he would pass out any second. If anybody had the right to mourn for that idiot than it was his former partner in crime. His former partner who didn't realize his feelings. Didn't realize his feelings until now.

Chuuya bit his lip. I think I love him, was what was going through his head. He would always deny it before when Mori annoyed him. He would laugh or get angry. He would never admit it. It was so easy to think about it now. It was so painfully obvious.

The small man moved forward. He stood in front of the coffin now. The dark wood was polished and beautiful. The flowers were perfect. Camellias and lilies. Representing death and passion. How ironic choosing flowers that would represent his passion for death.

It seemed so unreal. That it would really work. That he was dead. And not even in a double suicide! ...And not even in a double suicide? Chuuya stopped. He stopped clenching his fists. He may be stupid but he had a good institution. And if he was right then...

"Square up bitch, I know you're not dead!", he whispered angrily. His only hope.

"Yeah no shit. I did the sherlock and stopped my heartbeat for a second when Yosano and Kunikida checked me. Kinda messed up and now I can't find the right moment come out. Help me Chibi-chan!", the waste of bandages answered.

Chuuya felt all his emotions leave his body. He felt calm now. How did he fall for that idiot again?

"Ne Chibi, you're going to help me right?", the suicidal maniac seemed desperate.

"Sure", Chuuya slowly raised himself up "I'm going to borrow one of Yosanos knifes and make this funeral a real one-"

__________________________________________________________________________________

I just had this idea, so I hope it was not too depressive xD I feel like people will kill me for this once again like with the other oneshot owo

Anyway hope you enjoyed! Stay safe and healthy everyone. Thank you so much to everyone who's commenting and voting, you guys make my day TwT