Fukumori - Tedious

It was tedious. Seriously a pity. Mori had no problem in attending small parties. He could manage the high society talk with ease. He had no problem fitting in and achieving all his goals. Whether it was formal or infomal speech, he mastered it all.

Still these kind of events were tedious. Annoying. A waste of time. People talking like they understood every last bit of the economy while just being a lost fish that got a little lucky exploiting others. Mori wasn't the smartest person either, he knew that, but he was still better than those goldfishes. It was pure stupidity to think one was better than all the others. Underestimating your opponents was the worst mistake you could do.

After all that was the one thing that made the fall of the American mafia absolute. Underestimating your blond "plaything" brought the whole organization to fall. He wondered what that man was up to now. Which Mori found quite good and amusing. No slavery of children anymore. These cute little angels should be protected. Dazai always said that Mori was not your "average trenchcoat pedophile" to which Mori would always look at the man in the trenchcoat himself and raise an eyebrow.

"... And then I said", the blond woman at Moris side started again. She already talked for an whole hour keeping the men around her busy. Making some moves whith her very low-cut dress. Daring for a married woman. Mori wasn't in the slightest bit interested but this woman misinterpreted his smile and nods as being entranced by her beauty. She wasn't even under twelve so why should he care? He took another sip of his glass of champagne hoping that he would be redeemed from this endless torture of high society talk. Wishing for something exciting.

Just as he thought that he saw something. Or more someone. A tall white haired man standing in a group of people. All of the others seemed awkward and scared of the unsocial guy. Little did they know that he was actually a very gentle and sweet soul cursed with a stoic face. Though it gave Mori a perfect excuse.

Just as the blond woman began to start another time he bowed a little. "Please, if I dare interrupt. It pains me to say but I have just spotted an acquaintance of mine whom I have to greet", with another small bow and smile he went off into the direction of the older male. Finally some peace and quiet.

"Greetings gentlemen", Mori smiled at the group and stood beside the boss of the detective agency. However, Fukuzawa didn't even try to hide his displeased smile while the other members seemed relieved. Little did they know that the real danger had joined their meeting. Who would suspect the mafia boss behind a kind smiling middle aged man with no scar visible? He looked to normal while hiding his bloodlust. The truly terrifying threat was the one you could not feel by instinct.

Though as soon as the mafia boss joined the conversation everything began to go smoothly. Fukuzawa could feel the tense atmosphere disappearing while these men started to talk freely. Very freely. It was as if Mori enchanted them with his words getting all the answers he wanted and needed. Filling their files out in his mind. The mind of a rationalist was a horrific place filled with the deepest secrets and information of a person. Everything that could be of use.

Fukuzawa on the other hand was never a smooth talker. Probably also due to his background. He stayed silent most of the time nodding. According to Ranpo his "resting bitch face" was the problem. When smiling people would willingly go on but with an angry face and a huge built? They were scared of causing his anger to rise. Nevertheless the agency boss didn't enjoy the high society talk so he didn't care about this.

Rather smoothly the people at the rationalist side started to change. He was a great talker and listener which probably made him pretty popular for all the guests. Fukuzawa watched as the people around them started to come and go again. Only the two of them stayed. Fukuzawa started to question why the raven haired male stayed with him though the many people probably left due to his scary aura.

It took him quite some time to notice. The mafia boss wasn't one to usually do mistakes. He was a rationalist. Everything he did had a reason. Everything. Even hiring a government spy had been a part in his plan. He wouldn't simply stand here by accident. It was an easy mechanism. People came due to Mori being a smooth talker and left due to Fukuzawa being unsocial and an absolute mess in small talk. The rationalist intended this. It seemed Fukuzawa was not alone in hating high society talk. If he had to guess he would say that the rationalist saw it as a waste of time. A good deal for the both of them that would allow them to keep their image and not come off as unfriendly.

It all went quite smoothly for a while. Until one guest came. It was a blond woman which made Mori loose his cool and show his true colors. Just for the split of a second you could see his face annoyed and furious only to be displased by the fake smile he always uses at such events. Fukuzawa was quite surprised for a second. Who was that lady that she could influence the mafia boss with just appearing. After three minutes the boss of the agency understood the mafia boss fully.

Just after three minutes the woman achieved her goal of talking all the time. There seemed to be no stopping her mouth. All the boring high society talk about who slept with whom and other tedious things. Others might have considered her as beautiful but she wasn't really Fukuzawas type. He was more a fan of black hair and same age. She was too bubbly and coming on too strong with her daring dress. She seemed absolute oblivious to her surroundings, you should at least keep some things in mind right?

Another thing that started to bother Fukuzawa was the woman slowly closing the gap between her and the rationalist. He didn't know why though – probably because he was worried for her safety? It was as if she wanted to show her whole skin to Mori preferably.

The other guests started to leave earlier now probably due to Fukuzawa having a slightly annoyed aura. The woman still didn't notice though which was making Mori even more annoyed. She was simply a blind goldfish in a cage full of tigers. Plus she should stop trying to shove her extra fat into his face. He was not in the slightest bit interested, how was she still too stupid to notice?

All of her rambling seemed to annoy Fukuzawa as well who seemed even more annoyed than he normally was due to the presence of the mafia boss. This woman would die in a second if it wasn't for her rich husband. Mori made a mental note to anonymously tell him about his wifes behavior. After all the rationalist was cold hearted not feeling the slightest bit of sympathy for the person in front of him.

He was already thinking how to kindly get away from her as he felt a tap on his shoulder. Surprised he turned around. Out of all people he would have never thought Fukuzawa would help him. "There seems to be an issue with your car", he said monotone and pointed at a waiter that just left. Of course he wouldn't help his rival, how could Mori have thought that.

He easily excused himself and went to see what went wrong with his car. He was no fanatic, a car was something you use so he didn't care about the brand. Or how Akutagawa called it: The breed. Unlike Chuuya and Hirotsu who would both scream about how amazing cars and motorcycles...

Though as he and Fukuzawa arrived at his car it seemed fine.

"I thought something was wrong with my car. Was it a funny joke from the waiter", Mori raised his eyebrow.

Fukuzawa seemed confused and tilted his head. "It was a lie. I thought you wanted to leave. I am terribly sorry if I misunderstood". Though deep down Fukuzawa didn't regret a single thing. That woman was in an irritating way annoying...

"No thank you", Mori blinked a few times.

"Should we go back in?".

"Are you serious? This is the best excuse to get away. Look how awfully wrecked my car looks. That – what ever brand it is – was quite expensive!", both of them chuckled. "Care for a small snack at my place? You probably also haven't eaten something and I should repay you for your kindness".

"Why not", as usual the tall mans choice of words was simple.

"Good".

________________________________________________________________________________AHHHH I finished everything. I just noticed I got all three generations of Soukoku down lol xD Anyway hope you enjoyed all three of them! Probably till next month (or earlier let's see if I have time to write) uwu I can't I've written on this stoy like too much???? Even WITHOUT the speacial I have already 86 pages which is insaaaaaneeee (like with a few 3/4 blank pages cuz I want 1 story to start at 1 page for the asthetics òwó)???