Shin Soukoku - First Date

A date was something where you go and enjoy yourself. A date was something that brought you together and made you feel happy while enjoying each other's company. A date was something that was a must in a relationship. Or at least that's what the other agency members said to Atsushi.

"Come on think about it. What does Akutagawa like to do?", Ranpo asked him for the hundredth time.

They all thought about Atsushis and Akutagawas first date. Kunikida was also trying to help him.

"I don't know. We normally just watch a movie at home or something...", the tiger quietly answered.

"A date is a must in a relationship! It is ideal since you get to know your partner. A date is not only a meeting at home but also going out and doing something bonding outside in society", Kunikida explained while pushing his glasses up.

Atsushi looked for help. Yosano wouldn't be a good help. Nothing against her but her dates mostly consisted out of going shopping with Kōyō. Ranpo goes to crime scenes with Poe and they then compete who finds the murder first. Plus Poe wasn't really into going out. He wouldn't dare to ask Fukuzawa.

Kunikida and Dazai seemed the most reasonable ones to help. Dazai didn't even glance at Akutagawa before so he wouldn't know anything about his dislikes. Chuuya could help but then the date wouldn't be a surprise. So naturally Kunikida and Katai seemed to be the best answer.

"How about going into a park?", Kunikida proposed.

"He doesn't like going out. Plus he is always annoyed by crowds or slow walking people...".

"Plus Dazai could get on their nerves when he's trying to commit suicide in the little lake at the Park", Yosano said while taking care of her fingernails. Everyone nodded in agreement while Dazai gasped out.

"They could train together", Ranpo chuckled.

"He always says I'm useless and I should try more then...", The white haired boy replied.

"Just trash him back", Dazai shrugged "he was also trash at fighting befo-". Before the bandaged man could finish his sentence his white haired apprentice threw a book at him. Understandable since he was trash talking his boyfriend right now.

"Go eat something together", was what Kunikida suggested. It wasn't a bad idea. However both Atsushi and Akutagawa grew up in difficult situations. They wouldn't waste money on "overpriced" food if they could just eat a simple meal. So the nice dinner would end in a shabby Ramen shop. They would enjoy it but then even being at home together would be better.

"What should I even search for? I mean what are the requirements for a perfect date?", Atsushi sighed and sulked.

"Somewhere you can go and enjoy yourselves together", was what Kunikida said.

"Somewhere you can hold his hand and secretly kiss", was what Yosano said.

"Somewhere you can combine your hobbies...?", was what Ranpo guessed.

"Somewhere you commit suicide together", was what Dazai explained earning a pissed look from Kunikida.

"So I just have to search a place like that and then I'm fine? I thought it would be harder to find one...", the white tiger claimed surprised. He then stood up: "Thank you guys. I now know where to go. Thank you!". He beamed like a sunshine and went out to take Akutagawa to their first date. They were brainstorming since the new generation of Soukoku had surprisingly some time off at the same time.

"I've got a bad feeling about this...", Yosano stated and earning nods from the other members.

Meanwhile the ball of sunshine called Atsushi had reached the place of his boyfriend while ringing the doorbell. He was nervous. What if Akutagawa didn't want to go on a date with him?

"What?", the dark haired male pushed open his door annoyed. However once he realized it was his small boyfriend his mood lightened up a bit. Not that he would have said that to him.

"Well since we both have some time right now: Would you go on a date with me?", said Atsushi.

A date. The word was echoing through the black haired males head. "Oh no", was what he thought. He never went on a date. And he never heard good things about dates either.

His siter an Higuchi were always eating sweet stuff at their dates but he hated sweet things (except Atsushi).

Kōyō and Yosano often went shopping buying beautiful dresses. He never fancied beautiful clothes and was more practical. Plus he wouldn't want to try on dresses.

And Chuuya... well let's say he was even more pissed when he got home from his dates with Dazai. Probably because Dazai always arranged some double suicide at the end.

So for Akutagawa a date was something that was terrible. He didn't knew any other explanations. How could he? He never had a lover before nor did he have any interest in romance. Right now he wished he would have read the books his boss gave him. Damn that guy sure knew what was better and how to get his ships together.

Akutagawa would have declined. He really would have. But when he stood there with this sunshine beaming in front of him he couldn't say no. It would feel like killing a kitten. Not even the Mafia consisted out of such monsters.

So without him noticing the two of them were already on their way to their dates. Atsushi skipped at some steps and intervened their fingers. The date was going okay so far. He just had to prepare for the sweet stuff and the putting on dresses.

"We're here! Let's enjoy ourselves!", his boyfriend shined.

Akutagawa was surprised. There were no fancy shops. No sweets. No dresses. No double suicide. It was a market.

"The others said that a date was something you enjoy together and where you share common interests...", the white haired male seemed nervous. "So I thought we could go to the market together...". He made a little hole in the ground with his shoes and looked down nervously.

Akutagawa felt relieved. Very relieved. "No it's perfect", he held a hand out to the tiger "want to go in". He smiled at him. A rare sight for Atsushi so he grabbed his hand without hesitation and the two of them started shopping.

Shopping for vegetables of course. Enjoying the sale together and searching for the cheapest and best things they could find. It wasn't your usual out of the book date but for those two it was enjoyable.

They even agreed to go on more and more dates in the following days.

They might have misunderstood the difference between date and going shopping together but they were enjoying themselves so what could you say against this?

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay I had so much fun writing this. And I think right now I even have one one shot for each one of my ship! I hope you had as much fun reading this as I had writing it (sorry for the mistakes though). :D

I always love to read your comments so feel free to leave some! :))

See ya, I still have two one shots to go to fulfill my Pride month challenge! I hate myself already...