Fukumori - One giant...

Warning (I guess?): There are some sexual hints and stuff in this chapter so if you don't feel like reading that, just skip it :3 (Yes I'm already cringing and I haven't written it yet xD)

Things can get complicated. Very complicated if you don't communicate. It's amazing how fast things can turn out the way you didn't expect them to. But let's just start with the situation now:

It's an actual normal day, or more night, for the mafia. Work has been tough for some time due to a drug scandal and all. After all the mafia was the one organization taking care of it all, not the government. The information didn't even reach the government, to begin with. Dealing with the underground and regulating it was their job.

So after what seemed to be never-ending hours of work the small executive let out a sigh of relief. Freedom! He looked over to the older woman.

Koyo was also exhausted, she had hints of eyebags peeking under her makeup and her kimono wasn't as perfect as usual. She still had to keep the perfect and always composed queen look and she wouldn't let it go due to overwork. Pfft.

"Are you ready as well", Chuuya looked at her with a mix of relief and fear in his eyes. He feared that she wasn't done yet. That there was more to come.

"Yes", Koyo simply replied making Chuuya sigh in relief. It wasn't an unusual schedule for them. It was better than usual, they could even go home for the night and all. Yet the schedules took all their strength and were condensed with a very high difficulty...

So why did Koyo have eye bags? Answer that for yourself. She hasn't slept a night or two but Chuuya did so... So Dazai probably chose to commit suicide at the wrong times and perfectly missed his husband by a few minutes every time. Yes, he is smart, he could have figured it out if it wasn't for... If it wasn't for Ranpo and Poe playing a prank and rearranging everything. But that's a story for another time.

Now the two executives decided on their next move: Reporting that they would leave for the day. As the two then stepped into their boss's office said one looked up from his desk. The mafia boss looked even worse than Koyo and Chuuya together. He had strong dark circles under his eyes. He even seemed a bit pale, maybe he didn't eat enough? Even Elise didn't annoy him, she was just asleep on the sofa...

"Ah, are you done for the day?", Mori asked with a smile. It was terrifying how good he could suddenly put a smile on his face on which you couldn't decide whether it was fake or not. Though judging from his appearance it probably was. "Do you have the documents?", now his smile seemed less fake. What a work addict, huh? Koyo handed the brown envelope to their leader who also got up to reach out for it.

Koyo and Chuuya were trained executives. Two of the best people with skills you could find within the mafia. Children who were trained to notice every little change of behavior or any weird behavior only to survive. So they immediately noticed. Noticed that their leader winced a little.

"What's up?", Koyo directly asked. She wasn't someone to beat around the bush. Or at least not if it was about Mori. A weird but in a way kind friendship that the two of them had.

"I just... have a little bit of back pain", Mori gave them a little smile. It more seemed like a threat though to never ask about this again.

Chuuya and Koyo exchanged one look. Now they definitely knew what was going on. Why Mori has eyebags AND backpain. That was a clear sign, right? You don't have to be a detective to figure THAT out. With a few quick words, the two of them retreated as fast as possible. They had never thought they would be in that situation but that made it even more hilarious.

As soon as they left the office they went into a small diner to phone the other side. Because these two old men were usually never ACTIVE. They usually never exchanged anything that could be seen as romantic. No kiss, no holding hands in front of others. They were only bickering so everyone was slowly doubting that they were together and now THAT? Now back pain? That was just exciting news! Now Chuuya and Koyo knew how people who read scandal sheets felt...