Shin Soukoku - The useless senpai

The door was opened with a bang. And in the frame stood a small red figure. The white tiger was drenched in blood – most likely his own. It was more of a surprise that he didn't hold his leg in one hand but that it was still functioning and connected to his body. Instead there were a few scratches, a broken arm and a hole here and there in his body.

"Ohhh, what a nice sight~", the sadistic doctor smiled at the upcoming work. Though it was disappointing that Atsushi never really screamed as much as Ranpo and Kunikida did... A small let down.

"What has happened to you Atsushi? You were only supposed to bring some documents to the post office?", Kunikida seemed concerned. No wonder this man was the mother of the team. Someone had to take care of all the idiots in the detective agency after all. Without Kunikidas well planned schedules and readjusting they would have probably worked like most students do. Start late and then do overtime until the deadline only to forget it again for the next month.

"This is so frustrating", the tiger boy exclaimed while burying his face in his hands. He felt like crying.

"I feel you", Ranpo said. Kunikida looked at the detective confused. He had no idea what this was about. Still Kunikida felt obliged to help the little cat in front of their door.

"Atsushi, how about you get treated and changed first?", like a role model the tall blonde man gave his colleague a reassuring smile. With a hand on his back he tried to comfort Atsushi as well. No matter what was wrong, the small boy first had to calm down and gain some more power. And with power Kunikida meant most of all blood. The amount of blood on Atsushi's clothes was seriously concerning! Any normal human would have been dead by now...

Yosano then happily proceeded to take care of Atsushis injuries. He changed his clothes as well and wiped the blood off his body. Only small stains on his hair hinted the earlier appearance.

Atsushi sighed once again. He seriously felt like giving up. Life had never been fair to him but enough is enough. Akutagawa had no reason to attack him this time! Every time the mafia member would see the tiger he would attack him! Akutagawa always thought that Atsushi had ill intentions. He would never let the smaller male talk to him without being offended.

And why was that? Because of Dazai-san. Because Dazai decided to be a prick to Akutagawa while taking care of Atsushi. Because Dazai decided to abuse the colleague he dragged into the mafia. Akutagawa admired Dazai with all his heart. He would do anything for the man wrapped in bandages. He even ignored his other colleagues attempts to help him. What Dazai-san said was absolute. What Dazai-san said was precious. Akutagawa would do anything to be Dazai's number one and if that was killing the person working next to him.

Atsushi was grateful to Dazai. Very grateful. He was the reason why he was still alive. He gave him a job, a way to control this ability everyone hated. Dazai gave him a family. Everyone in the agency was so kind, Atsushi had never been happier in his whole life. He could feel real friendship, a real bond, real affection. Dazai gave him enough money to eat and a place to sleep. Finally he could sleep in a soft blanket in a warm room and not in a dark basement. Finally he had enough to eat instead of an old bread and some water. Finally he could read whenever and not wait until the other children in the orphanage were ready because they were scared of him.

Therefore Atsushi could tolerate Dazai's behavior. He could tolerate the man being lazy and shifting a lot of work onto Atsushi. He would gladly do it as a way to show him that he was grateful. Therefore Atsushi could tolerate Dazai's many pranks and stupid ideas. They were even sometimes fun though they would most likely end in Dazai and Atsushi getting scolded by Kunikida. Atsushi could even tolerate Dazai's secretive behavior and his dark past. Even if Dazai seemed like a psychopath he still had feelings. He still seemed to have the desire to be loved. He still had people he held dear, he still had emotions.

But enough is enough. Even for a kind soul like Atsushi there were things that you can't do. And one of those things was ruining the relationship with your crush! It was too frustrating that Akutagawa would only look at Dazai looking at Atsushi but never Atsushi! Especially since Akutagawa just ignored the... the controversial parts about the suicidal maniac.

All Atsushi hoped for was to appeal to his crush! He never had a crush before so he didn't know what to do for most of the time. But getting closer to Akutagawa was one of his simple desires! He just wanted to talk and see the mafia member laugh. He just wanted to give him some food because Akutagawa was worryingly thin. Atsushi blushed a little at the thought of holding hands. That would be a dream come true! However, no matter how hard he tried the one blocking his path was Dazai.

"Dazai truly is useless", the small tiger muttered leaving Kunikida in shock. The older male had just brought Atsushi a hot beverage to calm down. 'Has he been enlightened as well? Am I not alone with this thought', was what Kunikida thought.

"Indeed. Why is it you only notice it now?", Kunikida couldn't help but feel proud of Atsushi. The small boy finally found out the truth about his colleague he had admired! Maybe Dazai would stark working seriously now!

"He does nothing but stops me from advancing! How would you feel if Katai only talked about someone else?", Atsushi exclaimed.

Kunikida was confused now. "I am happy that you have the desire to rise and I am aware that Dazai dumps his work on you so you don't have to worry about that. Actually everyone knows that. You are just the only one who does it for him. However I do not understand what that has to do with Katai. I would be happy if he would leave his house for once...".

"Duh, he's not talking about work! He's talking about love", Ranpo rolled his eyes looking at Kunikida while opening some chips. Once again eating sweets and doing nothing because it was boring.

"But he came back covered in blood? Ranpo I think you are mistaken. How would his love connect to Dazai? Or do you mean...?", Kunikida stopped at the thought. What if Atsushi liked the useless Dazai? He wouldn't want to burden his child- uhm his colleague with this fate.

A small silence filled the room. Only then did the white haired boy understand what Kunikida was implying. "No, no, no, no, no! I mean I like Dazai but not love him!".

"He likes emo boy", Ranpo added making Atsushi blush in embarrassment.

Kunikida blinked a bit. Who was 'emo boy'?

"It's so frustrating Ranpo! I'm trying my best but I'm reduced to being Dazai's favorites! I'm totally fine with doing all his work but can Akutagawa please notice ME?", Atsushi was now on a roll "I can't do this anymore! I almost blurted out today that he's cute when he's so focused on work! Ranpo please teach me how to flirt!".

Kunikida was devasted. Atsushi loved Akutagawa?! The person that cut off his leg a few times and that wanted to kill him? And he asked Ranpo for advice? Ranpo who had the person he tried to entrance hate him the moment they met? Atsushi clearly was too oblivious...

In that moment the one causing Atsushi to suffer opened the door. In the entrance stood Dazai drenched with water from his attempt to drown himself. "What are y'all talking about?", said man exclaimed with a big smile ignoring the fact that he was four hours late for work.

"About you ruining my potential relationship with Akutagawa!"

"With whom?", Dazai tilted his head.

Everyone in the room could hear Atsushi's patience snap. Kind people were the scariest when they got angry.

________________________________________________________________________________

Some Shin Soukoku because there is too less in this chapter~ It wasn't that much ship but I hope you enjoyed it anyway uwu