Soukoku - Drip

Hands trembling.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

No that couldn't have happened. NO. No. no, no, no no no no nononononono-

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He couldn't stop shaking

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The red substance was dripping down his fingers. Falling into the small puddle on the ground.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

It was piling. It was dripping. Never stopping. Never. He tried. He tried to stop it. Pressing his fingers his hand onto the wound. Pressing his jacket – no his whole strength – into the body underneath him. Please no. Please don't die was the only thing he could think.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

Tears mixing into the puddle of blood. Tears falling onto the trench coat that was drenched in blood.

He felt devasted. His whole world was crushed into pieces once again. He once had lost his family, his gang. They said they would be there for him only to stab him once he lost his worth. He had found trust once again. Slowly getting used to the mafia. Slowly falling for that damn mackerel.

It took some time until they became a couple. After all Chuuya was a little bit tsundere so Mori had to push those two A LOT. It was even worse when Chuuya realized his feelings. He refused to cooperate thinking that the brunette could see through him the second they talked with each other. Little did he know that named man was trying to court him for so long.

Even more tears began to form until a small river of regret dripped down his cheeks. Until everything he felt was burned into his heart. Underneath him the still warm body crushed by a few rocks. A pipe that went through the taller man's stomach. Blood. Blood everywhere. The helpless cries of the orange haired male beside him.

Everything was so silent. No one getting on Chuuyas nerves. No one saying anything. Around them buildings destroyed. Dazai wasn't the only victims. The one doing all this did a pretty good job destroying everything. Destroying the buildings. Destroying thousands of lives with bodies probably under all the pieces. Destroying the ones still away with grief.

Chuuya screamed at the brunette. That he should wake up. That he should open his eyes. That he shouldn't die. Though he knew that his eyes were already open. That his relaxed face and his empty gaze indicated that he was already asleep. Asleep forever.

A broken cry came out of the small mans throat. It was breaking him. The loss of his lover. Oh how often did he joke that he should just go and die. That he could commit suicide if he wanted to. But deep down he knew that it was just talk. That he never wished for the brunette to die even though it was selfish. That he never wanted to be left alone.

The cause of Dazais death wasn't suicide. He didn't kill himself. He didn't fulfill his dream. The cause of Dazias death was his lover himself.

Chuuyas biggest nightmare had become his truth. He had killed him. He killed him killed him killed- He felt like he was going crazy. All the blood on his hands made him feel nauseous.

He never really talked about it but he was scared. He had a tough exterior and he was very impulsive. But that thing inside him scared him. That thing that swallowed his past memories, his past self. That thing that was uncontrollable once it was let free. Arahabaki.

He let him loose. He couldn't even remember clearly destroying all of this. But he could still clearly remember Dazais face. See the pained look. The attempt to touch his lover and stop him from his horrible fate that would haunt him for the rest of his life. The pain of being killed by your own lover.

His tears wouldn't stop. Everything was shattered. And still a little part in him was happy. That thing was happy. Happy to destroy everything. Happy to kill, to destroy, to take. Never giving just destroying. No reason just taking.

His hands were shaking so much as he gripped the knife at his side. It was cold compared to the warm blood. It made Chuuya feel calm. Very calm. He kissed the brunettes forehead. "I will be with you soon, my love", a single tear dripping on the cold cheek of the dead body.

He lifted the knife. Pointing the blade towards his throat. One slice. One movement. He began to count.

Three.

Two.

One.

The knife went down with high speed. The man closed his eyes.

--

It stopped. The knife stopped. Right before his throat. His hands still trembling. It was stopping him. The truth was that he couldn't commit suicide. It would always stop him. He had control when to let that thing take control but he couldn't do more. He never told that anyone either. He couldn't even control when to end his life.

New tears started to form. Dripping down his cheek. Again, again, again. He tried so much. Tried to kill himself. Tried to take his life. Kill himself. How could he continue after he had killed his lover? How could he live if everything was shattered into pieces? How could he live if even his instincts were betraying his true will?

He hurled up into a ball. Crying. Feeling miserable. Eyes shut tight.

"Chuuya?", a sweet voice called out to him. His eyes shot open looking into the honey brown orbs of the tall man.

He had to get used to the dark light, the soft fabric. He was panting, tears running down his cheeks. His whole body shivering. The bed, the softness, the voice - everything felt so unreal.

It made Dazais heart sting as he saw his boyfriend in this devasted state. Chuuya who usually had a snarky remark at hand. Someone who seemed like he wouldn't care what others said. Not even shedding a tear when Sheep betrayed him.

He softly wrapped his arms around the small shivering figure pulling him tight onto his chest. He traced circles one the small back wanting to calm his lover down. Slowly whispering reassuring words.

"It's just a dream, it's not reality".

Trying his best to calm Chuuya down. He didn't know what these nightmares were about. But he did know that they were terrifying to Chuuya. That they were his biggest fear, something that Chuuya thought could become reality. Dazai wanted to know what pains his lover. Wanted to know to help. Wanted to know to EARSE whatever caused his lover to shiver ever so often.

However, right now he just needed to do one thing: reassure his lover. Tracing circles on his back saying that it was all right. That he would never allow his dream to become reality.

________________________________________________________________________________

Wow it was kinda fun to write this? Sorry I tend to do angsty chapters with Soukoku... But still I think a little angst makes the fluff at the end even better. And it's no cliffhanger like the other chapter wohooooo uwu Hope you enjoyed it and I will now write the last chapter for today owo