Fyogol - Birdcage

"So I have been thinking-", Nikolai started. He was sitting upside down on the couch staring into.

Fyodor had been sitting in an armchair on the other side reading the newspaper. He looked up and raised an eyebrow: "Thinking? It seems even you do that at times now...".

"ROOD!", Nikolai exclaimed and pouted a little. All while still sitting upside down which kind of lessened the dramatic effect but hey what could he do against that...

"Normally I take care of the thinking so your sudden-" Fyodor thought for a second, "...interest is a bit surprising". Then he gave his boyfriend a sweet smile. Which in that context was more to mock the other.

Nikolai swiped away a fake tear from his eye. "If you're continuing to be mean to me then I will inform the pest control!", and for the extra effect, he sniffed a little. How could his cute little greasy rat always be so mean to him!

"Then I will have to call the circus so that they will take you back", Fyodor countered.

Nikolai gasped. How could his boyfriend threaten him like that?! UNACCEPTABLE! Fyodor should be happy that his fragile boyfriend had no low self-esteem! What would he have done if Nikolai decided to go away, huh?

The white-haired man sighed and heaved himself up. He then blinked a few times as the blood slowly started to move out of his head. Now he was lightheaded and felt a little dizzy. But hey that was the price for sitting cool and not as dull as all the others!

Nikolai nodded. He would proceed with the usual plan now. And after a few seconds, he felt like he could walk normally. Wonderful.

So as the white-haired man sprinted toward his boyfriend said one already raised his newspaper. It was an obvious choice since that was the only way for it not to break while Nikolai just threw himself onto Fyodor.

That was something the clown would occasionally do. It had been a bad habit he had suddenly taken a liking to. So whenever Nikolai felt like it, he would charge at Fyodor for cuddles. Cuddles and attention. There was never a warning. Just a sudden attack so that the black-haired male could not counter it.

It was just one of Nikolai's whims. Why should he wait to receive the love he wanted to get anyway? They both loved each other so where was the problem at just demanding cuddles? Unlike other people, Nikolai would always feely take what he wanted. No awkwardness or shyness. He saw that as unnecessary after coming this far anyway.

For Fyodor, this attitude was at times relaxing. After all, Nikolai would not uselessly waste time beating around the bush. No, he would clearly state what he wanted or just do it so he could get it. Therefore he was also quite easy to 'figure out because you didn't need to do that most of the time. He would just say what he wanted and that was it.

That in all of it would have been wonderful without Nikolai's moodiness. So at times, he would just pout for no reason. He would demand attention and cuddle at the most insufficient times. And yes, the charging incident had broken a few things before so that was also annoying.

Luckily those incidents happened so often that Fyodor had figured out how to react within a week. So this attack right now had been something he could easily handle.

"Hmmm...", Nikolai said while looking at the ceiling "that just doesn't feel perfect... Why don't we switch and you sit on my lap Dos-kun?~". Nikolai smiled while proposing that option. He was sitting on Fyodors lap, his legs dangling from the armrest.

Fyodor chuckled a bit. "No", he answered with a smile and opened the newspaper once again.

"Guess that would go against your god complex~" Nikolai shrugged. He then eyed the newspaper suspiciously. What a foul thing to take away his boyfriend's attention... Maybe he should rip it into pieces and then-

"You have been thinking?"

"I have been thinking!"

Both looked each other in the eyes. As a few seconds went by Fyodor started to look more and more annoyed. It took Nikolai a few more seconds to realize what his boyfriend meant.

"I have been thinking about a woman I saw", Nikolai said while looking at the ceiling once again. He seemed a bit lost in thought.

"Hmmm", Fyodor nodded. He turned to the next page of the newspaper. His skills with a sniper were a bit rusty but depending on which woman Nikolai was thinking about, they could still suffice.

"I saw a woman yesterday on the street. She was wearing a black suit with a white T-shirt. Her hair was done in a ponytail and she was looking at her watch...", Nikolai continued while slightly scratching his other hand, "And as I walked past her she smiled and nodded. Then a few minutes later I saw another woman. She also wore a black suit and a white shirt. Her hair was done in a ponytail and she smiled at me shortly as our eyes met".

"So you're point is...?", Fyodor asked unsure what to do with that information. It wasn't like he could kill any woman who wore such an outfit...

"They say they are free to wear what they want. But no matter where I look I only see the same clothes. All from big brand stores that sell nothing but the same clothes. I see duplicates walking around the streets but they do not notice! They do nothing but walk and work and buy the same things!", Nikolai started to explain. He was starting to scratch his hand a bit harder.

"Isn't it a pity how they trap themselves in a golden birdcage? They say they are free while they fasten the chains around their feet. How are they ever truly free while being chained to all those social ideals? And that is just one example! They say 'be free my child' while handcuffing children's ambitions and growth! They think that all there is their birdcage and-", Nikolai started. The scratching had grown so worse now that the small patch of skin was now red and even a little bit of blood could be seen.

"They are pitiful creatures. Creatures who need guiding in a world where they do not believe in a god", Fyodor said while carefully taking Nikolai's hands in his. That was the only way to stop the white-haired male right now. Only time could slowly calm his boyfriend now

Nikolai was silent for a while. An unusual event. Something that was even more annoying than him waking Fyodor up at 4 a.m. because he was so excited to see the sunrise with Fyodor.

"...You have been thinking?", Fyodor asked again. He knew that there was more to it than just that.

"I have been thinking", Nikolai whispered, "Dos-kun, do you think that while trying to break out of this bird cage I built my own little cage? That I could not escape from it and that this is the fate of humanity? The fate to never truly be free?"

Fyodor chuckled. He knew that this was a difficult concern for his boyfriend. He knew how much Nikolai was struggling with the question of true freedom. Yet he couldn't help but laugh a little. After all, that question was so absurd.

"My love I do not believe you when you say you have been pressured into this. You are not chained when you wake me up at 4 o'clock to see the sunrise. You are not chained when you suddenly charge at me to lift me and hug me no matter if I'm at the stove right now. You are not chained when you dye one of your suits pink because you wanted to try it. There is no one I know who does as many things on a whim as you do so your worries quite amuse me", Fyodor chuckled.

Nikolai blinked a bit: "Ahh I really do love you lots and lots and lots my cute little rat!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah a bit random but I liked it uwu I hope y'all are doing well and stuff like that! Sorry for the late update but I am a pro in procrastinating everything!