Fukumori - Sleepy

Small rays of sunshine would crawl through the almost closed window. They made their way through to the bed turning everything they touched into golden light.

The raven slighty crunched his eyes. His face, even though it was mostly covered by the big person in front of him, was touched by those sly golden rays. Not even trying to cover the face would help now. It was an aquivalent rule. What once was lost cannot be returned. Too bad this rule was especially active when waking up...

So as a logical result the ravenette slightly opened his eyes to only be betrayed again by the brightness. He groaned. A total loss. It was one of those times when you wake up and you just know, you just feel it, that you can't fall asleep again.

It was especially hard since the rationalist worked like crazy yesterday. He had an all-nighter before. Now he saw how Ango felt with his Insomania. He had worked till midnight too. Clearing old cases, taking care of protection money and other stuff.

It wasn't easy being the boss of the Mafia. Fukuzawa was always disappointed when Mori worked so long. It meant he had done something bad according to Fukuzawas Moral system. And the rationalist knew that what he did was wrong. People wouldn't believe him that he could predict a persons move according to their morals. However it's easy. People stick to their morals. Morals make them who they are. Instead of abandoning them they will try to protect them no matter what.

Moris Morals were different. His identity didn't depend on them. It was a foolish thing to do. People could predict you and judge you. Instead of morals he had his rationality. He wasn't a genius and a maniac at the same time like Dazai. Dazai could do whatever he wanted. A life out of societies reach. Society could not reach him but he could not really reach society. If you don't take a clear stand you will be lonely. Mori on the other side just did what had the most gain. People could judge but this was what could make society move forward.

Without a shadow there is no light. Without light there is no shadow. The Mafia and the Agency were dependent on each other. If Mori would abandon the Mafia the Agency would also fall. When there is no evil, no higher power, humans tend to get greedy. They tend to develop that dark seed inside their heart that will eat them hole leaving nothing but an empty shell of greed. What would the idealist Kunikida say when he saw the horror, the true evil nature of humans in just a civilian?

It was easier if someone controlled it. Instead of greed one has to use devotion. Devotion as selflessness and minimal cost. It should not become toxic like with that one rat that has gone crazy on the thought of being a god and freeing the world from sinners. Because in the truth every human being was a sinner. Everyone was greedy and wanted to destroy. He had seen that in the war. Instead of keeping his morals he had to do what was practical. Fighting morals, fighting for the "good" could always be twisted.

The rationalist sighed. The world was a cruel place and he couldn't even get five hours of sleep... Maybe he had a book laying around somewhere so he could read it. Elise was probably sleeping sweetly so he wouldn't dare to wake up that little sunshine. Once in a while reading was quite calming. "Maybe I will become an author in my next life", he thought chuckling to himself.

In search of the book he first looked on his bedside table and then on the bed. Don't ask why he looked on the bed. It was weird even for him but he was tired and everyone would be looking in the strangest of places for some lost things. He even once caught Chuuya looking for his hat in the archive. Chuuya would only go there like once a month but hey maybe he lost it there? In the end it was Dazai hiding the hat anyway. Maybe he was jealous of the hat...

Being interrupted by his thought the raven froze. Damn. That was a rare sight. Right in front of him, the person covering him from the rest of the sunshine, was his husband Fukuzawa. Sleeping. It was a rare sight indeed. Mori very rarely woke up before the older one did. Fukazawa mostly woke up by the slightest movement when Mori just wanted to get a glass of water. So sleeping Fukuzawa was something you had to watch before it was over in a second.

The smaller man smiled looking at the older ones face. Dazai was right he sure had a weird gap moe. To take Fukuzawa out of all people. He had some wrinkles and a stone cold face. Nothing about him was as cute as Elise was. Still the raven could think nothing else at the moment but that he was adorable. Not that he would ever admit that. The face of the grey haired was less tense. It seemed calm and at ease. Something they couldn't have imagined a few years ago. Who would have thought that those two who were called mortal enemies would end up catching feelings for each other and confess. This however was a different and more complicated story.

The grey haired had a calm and normal breathing pattern. He seemed completely relaxed. The chest rising up slowly and then lowering again. It was interesting how catching this process was. Mori could feel himself getting calmer while watching his lover lying there as if there were no worries like weird rats and clowns...

Not to mention that he was packed too. Fukuzawa still trained. As he always said for a good swordsman it requires a trained mind and body. So for everyone wondering, yes he had a sixpack. And strong arms. Especially strong arms that would have a tight grip. That was the downside of Fukuzawa not waking up. Mori could watch him sleep once and not having this totally stern and unrelaxed face. However he needed to give up his mobility.

And no it is not what you with your perverted minds think about right now (at least mostly). Strong arms would cuddy and protect his loved one. Not that Mori needed protection but hey at least leave him the illusion. Love was something beautiful and you would always thing that you wanted to protect the other person. Shield from all evil. Which was kind of funny since Mori was usually the bad guy. Mori also had those feelings. Oh how often did he pull some strings to catch some very extreme criminals that were heading for the agency. Only a few people knew and those were Chuuya, Koyo and sadly Dazai too. There was no way for Dazai to keep it a secret anyway but his subtle triggering and mocking while Fukuzawa was IN THE ROOM.

Anyway the point here is that Mori could not remove his lovers arms without waking him up or cutting off said arm. With the first options Fukuzawa would be angry. It was five o'clock who wouldn't be angry when someone woke you up? The second option... No. If he wouldn't do the first option because it would make him angry then the second option would turn him into furious raging and most likely killing the raven. So there was only one option...

It was just one tap. That was all he needed to do. But he couldn't. It was adorable how he slept so calmly but it shouldn't be. So the rationalist got to take the probably most irrational choice ever: The commandment of Pacifism. Yep he just didn't do anything. Just laying there enjoying the warms of his lover while watching the most normal action you could do: breathing. "Sometimes being satisfied can be so easy, huh?", was what he thought to himself.

He slightly moved a bit closer enjoying the warmth and the presence of the other male. He felt himself relax and smile a bit. Yeah there was no way he would admit what he did right now. Sleepiness was more and more luring him in. Seemed like five hours weren't enough, what a surprise, huh? With a smile his body began to feel more and more heavy while being dragged into it by the others breathing pattern.

"I love you", he whispered with almost no sound at all. He was just content voicing his inner thoughts without overthinking it like he usually did. He was too sleepy to care

He also was too sleepy to care about the grip from the taller man tightening and the breathing being slightly irregular. Sometimes speaking your mind can leave two people very, very happy.

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a while... Yeah I'm sorry. Schools stressful and especially when they just fill your schedule with exams... Anyway I found time to write this one-shot! Hope you enjoyed it (I certainly did writing it, le smile)! Uwu

Hope you all have a great day and see you in the next one-shot (by the way I try to update at least once a month with a few one-shots)